Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Would you like to see the Ravens check out this guy?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hiefs-workout/

He's 26 and I know we've kind of discussed him on here over the past couple of weeks...

Just seems like he'd really be someone that Harbs would have an interest in when you consider the amount of adversity that he's overcome and will have deal with.

Just under 6'3", 239lbs and he still needs to work on getting back into better shape. IMO, he'd be an ideal candidate for a PS guy. With that size he could probably be a decent 3-4 ILB option.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Would you like to see the Ravens check out this guy?

Odds are certainly stacked against him and I wish him nothing but the best of luck. If our FO thinks he's worthy of a tryout go for it. Couldn't hurt after all it's all about doing their due diligence to improve the team.

Blog Entries

I'd rather see him on a team where he has a shot to make the roster. That's not happening here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'd rather see him on a team where he has a shot to make the roster. That's not happening here.
    Maybe. Maybe not though. After this season the only ILB candidates still under contract is McClain and BA IIRC. I think Ellerbe is on a 1-year deal, Carr, Bynes, and Chavis Williams are all on 1-yr "prove it" deals.

I just think that the depth at ILB still isn't all that great after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not though. After this season the only ILB candidates still under contract is McClain and BA IIRC. I think Ellerbe is on a 1-year deal, Carr, Bynes, and Chavis Williams are all on 1-yr "prove it" deals.

I just think that the depth at ILB still isn't all that great after this season.
    I agree with this. Do people seriously think our situation at ILB is tenable in the long-term? Ray Lewis isn't going to play til he's 50, folks. Next year we have McClain and Ayanbadejo. That's it! You're talking about a guy who could be a signed for a deal that probably won't even affect the cap in any way at this point due to the rule of 53. If he makes the team, it's a win-win. If he doesn't make the team, no harm, no foul.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot with us at all. Next year our weakest positions IMO will be ILB and OT, so the sooner we get started on stashing away possible answers to those problems, the better, considering nothing was done in the draft to address those positions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree with this. Do people seriously think our situation at ILB is tenable in the long-term? Ray Lewis isn't going to play til he's 50, folks. Next year we have McClain and Ayanbadejo. That's it! You're talking about a guy who could be a signed for a deal that probably won't even affect the cap in any way at this point due to the rule of 53. If he makes the team, it's a win-win. If he doesn't make the team, no harm, no foul.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot with us at all. Next year our weakest positions IMO will be ILB and OT, so the sooner we get started on stashing away possible answers to those problems, the better, considering nothing was done in the draft to address those positions.
    Agreed and considering BA will be 36 in September and is mostly a ST's component, I don't even know if you can fully factor him into the equation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Agreed and considering BA will be 36 in September and is mostly a ST's component, I don't even know if you can fully factor him into the equation.
    Exactly, he isn't a starter, and a even smaller situational player at that, not even a rotational guy.

ILB is seriously going to need to be addressed next year. Maybe McClellen, Bynes, Ellerbe or whomever proves something this year but I'm not holding my breath, an even if they do you STILL have a depth problem there.

Blog Entries

I think Carr may end up being a steal and can be a contributor/depth guy.

We also keep forgetting about Albert McClellan. However, they have him listed as a DE/OLB even though he lined up at ILB last year.

Still..that's not awesome depth.

Blog Entries

It's not like inside linebackers are that difficult to find. Look at all the good ones in free agency who ended up signing on the cheap. EJ Henderson and Gary Brackett are still sitting out there without jobs. If we need to get one in the future we'll have no problem finding one.

Blog Entries

Definitely would consider signing him if I was the coach. That bitch has made it really hard for him sadly.

The odds of him ever playing in the NFL are about as good as me hitting the lottery this week.

Fell terrible for him and all, but it just isn't happening. He will be fine going forward and there will be people that will help him out, but it won't be an NFL team.

I wonder if he is telling teams he isn't interested in special teams.