Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT - U.S. Open

Really rooting for Furyk right now if for no other reason than that dirty swing.

Give hacks like me hope.

Re: OT - U.S. Open

Keep in mind where Furyk is from and what NFL team he roots for... Hit they have their logo on only one side of their helmet.

I am a fan of his and hated seeing him blow it.

Blog Entries

I have to admit I felt bad for Furyk those last couple holes. Nerves got to him and he hit some ugly shots... again

Seems like every major has a different winner these days

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I have to admit I felt bad for Furyk those last couple holes. Nerves got to him and he hit some ugly shots... again

Seems like every major has a different winner these days
    Yea, that chip out of the sand trap was pretty bad. I thought I was watching a video of me trying to get out of a bunker. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Yes, I was a Furyk fan because he is from the Lancaster PA area, but changed when I found out his NFL allegiance. :) Yes, his chip was lousy.
    And I agree, having this tournament end late at night does kind of stink.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I do enjoy watching golf late night. This was the case a few years ago at Pebble and at Torry Pines.

I feel for Furyk though but you think someone like him who has won a US open and has had a successful career wont feel pressure like the younger players would. Actually Jim was one of the last players i would pick to have pressure affect him. He really blew it on 16. That tee shot was beyond terrible and he had been driving the ball well all week as well as making good 2nd shots. But he lost it on 16 and effecting him all the way to the clubhouse.

Perfect storm.....there was no pressure on Simpson, who was always a few shots back, and too much pressure on Furyk. And there was Els who made a mental mistake and took a chance, and self-destructed. No way Simpson could have carried the lead around the course in my opinion.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

any of you guys watch Tiger win the Congressional? Passed Nicklaus in victories and was pretty cool and calm down the stretch. Impressive match

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    any of you guys watch Tiger win the Congressional? Passed Nicklaus in victories and was pretty cool and calm down the stretch. Impressive match
    No pressure on him there......its the Major that is a monkey on his back, but he is obviously going to get that too one day.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

7 PGA Tour starts in 2012, 3 wins.

The majors will come.