Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Everyone has it wrong - this is victory for the righ

While calling it a victory did you notice OBY didn't do a lot of gloating, just said it was a victory and let's move on and was pretty fast to do it. He knows he didn't get what he wanted. This in the long term will be a victory for the right. Yea, OBAMA CARE stands for now but as a

TAX, TAX,TAX.

It's the one thing OBY didn't want. The gov't wanted this under the commerce act and Roberts said no way. Big difference.

Also, the court struck down Medicade Expansion and 2 liberal justices went along with this for exchange in allowing Roberts to leave it as a tax.

This means the states don't have to participate after 5 years. The govt pays for it for first 5 years but the states can opt out. That means if the states opt out over 17M people will lose their health care. This was their main argument and why the states brought this to the SC to begin with, like mins after the law was passed.

So OBY loses on the Commerce Act and on Taxation because he just gave the middle class its biggest tax hike in history after promising the bill wouldn't raise taxes.

Roberts just got Mitt elected who will repeal it the first day.

Scott Rasmussen was right last night when he said it doesn't matter what happens today because it won't stand. The country is against it and the polls just taken show this ever before.

Relax my friends. This is what makes this the greatest country in the world.

Please see link.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...do_647932.html

Blog Entries

Re: Everyone has it wrong - this is victory for the righ

Think about this. Over 10M Christians didn't vote in 2008. then they voted in 10 and we got control of the house back. You can be sue they will vote now.

It doesn't matter now that Romney is a Mormon. It's more important to get Satan out of the WH and gov't or they will be paying a lot more in taxes.

This all came about because Christians didn't vote. We can thank W for that when he came out with his immigration plan to legalize illegals. So James Dobson stayed out and got millions to.

That allowed the DEMs to retake control of Congress in 06 and allowed this to happen in 2010 when OBY won. Rush told them at the time this would happen if they stayed out.

They wont stay out now and as the Christians vote, so goes the election. They only lost to Clinton while voting as a block.

Blog Entries

I heard Rush talking about the states will most likely opt out (of medicaid expansion) and it will cause more people to not have insurance.

Problem is though, SCOTUS has said the Government can tax you for not buying something.

Blog Entries

Rush is paying the fine. So if you lose your coverage because your
    company drops insurance the feds will pick up the cost. You won't
    be fined. You'll get free health care.

Besides, if OBY is re-elected he'll make the gov't the sole insurer
    by executive order just like he did with fast and furious. It's
    illegal but that doesn't matter with this gov't.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...alth_insurance
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-28-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Blog Entries

I foresee a lot of lawsuits in the near future...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

GEORGE WILL says the same thing in this
    piece - THE CONSERVATIVES CONSOLATION
    PRIZE.

Conservatives won a substantial victory Thursday. The physics of American politics — actions provoking reactions — continues to move the crucial debate, about the nature of the American regime, toward conservatism. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. has served this cause.

Nobody gets Robert's brilliance of moving the mandate to taxation, not even the
    rest of the court. He gets OBY off his back by keeping the law but it's like the
    Arizona Law. You don't see OBY saying he's stopping phone calls from anywhere here.
    He's pissed. His was the shortest speech in history. He just lost the keys to the WH
    because it's the highest tax on the middle class in history. Reagan gave the deepest
    tax cuts in history. OBY gave us the highest hikes.

That's his legacy and he hates it. He knew it yesterday too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z3

BTW, where's Galen. he must have some
    clients today. No gloating yet.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-28-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Joseph Curl of Wash Times just said the same thing.

If fact, RoBerts just called OBY a liar and he doesn't even know it. OBY said this is not a
    tax. People under $250,000 will not be taxed.

While celebrating his W, OBY has now been proven a liar and it was even written as a
    tax and if anyone wants to check the archives of this forum, guys like JonBoy and myself
    said that at the time.

But nobody knows it was written as a tax because nobody read the 2700 pages except
    Kagen who wrote much of it but refused to
    excuse herself from the procedings.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ue-for-romney/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-28-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    GEORGE WILL says the same thing in this
    piece - THE CONSERVATIVES CONSOLATION
    PRIZE.

Conservatives won a substantial victory Thursday. The physics of American politics — actions provoking reactions — continues to move the crucial debate, about the nature of the American regime, toward conservatism. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. has served this cause.

Nobody gets Robert's brilliance of moving the mandate to taxation, not even the
    rest of the court. He gets OBY off his back by keeping the law but it's like the
    Arizona Law. You don't see OBY saying he's stopping phone calls from anywhere here.
    He's pissed. His was the shortest speech in history. He just lost the keys to the WH
    because it's the highest tax on the middle class in history. Reagan gave the deepest
    tax cuts in history. OBY gave us the highest hikes.

That's his legacy and he hates it. He knew it yesterday too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z3

BTW, where's Galen. he must have some
    clients today. No gloating yet.
    This is nothing more than political spin. BHO did seem a little tame today, like he knew labeling this as tax will hurt his promise of not raising taxes, but this is minor minor victory if even one at all.

What the court did today was say that congress now has the power to tax behavior. If I decide not to buy health insurance they can tax me for that, this grants unprecedented power to the Federal Government. Forget the actual healthcare bill and what that will do to the insurance industry/our premiums/national debt etc.

If any libs want to celebrate this just imagine how they'll feel when the right takes control (it will happen again at some point) of the Federal government and decides to start taxing them for not buying something... maybe a something like a gun.

Blog Entries

OK GALEN - lol. That was a joke.

Curl is saying the same thing in the Wash Times.

HR said off the bat today that this wins it for Romney and he will get millions. Romney has received $2M just since this was announced. Millions are coming in by the minute.

Bachman said her office can't handle the calls coming in and everyone is angry and pissed. These people will vote for Romney.

Like I said, over 10M Christians that were gonna sit out will vote for Romney.

Roberts gets to look like bi-partisan which he said he would be and has been all along while shooting the damn thing down at the same time.

The GOP needs 50 plus 1 seats in the Senate for repeal. They already have the house. Like I said on the other thread they don't need 2/3
    majority for repeal because this law had a reconciliation provision that says only a majority is needed in the house and senate to repeal.

With all this money and votes coming in we'll get those seats.

And companies are gonna go bankrupt as more people lose even more
    jobs as the dark cloud continues to hover over the economy.

Conservatives can't see the trees for the forest.

Blog Entries

Regardless of if Romney wins and we keep the house and take the senate, repeal the bill. The SCOTUS, still said the Federal Government can tax us for not doing something.

The only other way I can see this is a win (and I'd need to research it more) is if they get enough Governors etc to do some sort of constitutional amendment. But I might put my money on succession before that happens

Blog Entries

No, it doesn't. Not if it's repealed. Again, Rasmussen said on Tv
    last night it doesn't matter what happens tomorrow. The country
    is vs it and won't let it stand.

Roberts goal was to notify Congress that its days of unlimited legislation based on the Commerce Clause are over. In and of itself, that is more important, in my humble opinion, than anything about Obamacare.

As Ricky Ricardo would say: Every DEM in every pub has a lot of

splaining to do. That was the shortest victory speech ever given
    by a presient.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    No, it doesn't. Not if it's repealed. Again, Rasmussen said on Tv
    last night it doesn't matter what happens tomorrow. The country
    is vs it and won't let it stand.

Roberts goal was to notify Congress that its days of unlimited legislation based on the Commerce Clause are over. In and of itself, that is more important, in my humble opinion, than anything about Obamacare.

As Ricky Ricardo would say: Every DEM in every pub has a lot of

splaining to do. That was the shortest victory speech ever given
    by a presient.
    Maybe I am missing something, but repealing the bill does not repeal the legal precedent set here. Am I wrong on that?