Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

This just shows again how clueless players are when it comes to voting on...anything. Just like the Pro Bowl this is a name recognition/popularity contest....nothing more.

They are so zoned in on their own team, rarely watch other games and are so busy in season they can't possibly be relied on for this type of thing. Just another time filler for NFLN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    This just shows again how clueless players are when it comes to voting on...anything. Just like the Pro Bowl this is a name recognition/popularity contest....nothing more.

They are so zoned in on their own team, rarely watch other games and are so busy in season they can't possibly be relied on for this type of thing. Just another time filler for NFLN.
    Yup, and I think its a disgrace to list Frank Gore anywhere near Ray Rice at this point. Gore is a good back on the decline who was at his peak a season or two ago. Marshawn Lynch should be where Gore is on this list IMO. Both Foster and Rice should be top 15, McCoy is not quite as good as either players, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yup, and I think its a disgrace to list Frank Gore anywhere near Ray Rice at this point. Gore is a good back on the decline who was at his peak a season or two ago. Marshawn Lynch should be where Gore is on this list IMO. Both Foster and Rice should be top 15, McCoy is not quite as good as either players, but that's just my opinion.
    What number was Gore?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    What number was Gore?

Wink Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Another reason that this list is dumb is they have James Harrison ranked above Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

Dude missed about 5 or 6 games & had his lowest sack count in 3 years.

Tamba Hali had 12 sacks, played every game, and was ranked lower. Von Miller also had more sacks and more forced fumbles and was still ranked lower.
    The biggest joke of all was Peyton Manning missing all 16 games and voted #50.

Talk about being "grandfathered" in. YOI!

Blog Entries

Looks like McCoy and AP are going to finish in front of Rice.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMB View Post
    The biggest joke of all was Peyton Manning missing all 16 games and voted #50.

Talk about being "grandfathered" in. YOI!

It's top players of 2012, not 2011. 2012 hasn't happenned yet, and all indications are that Peyton is healthy and back to normal. He should have been #1 overall. Last year proved that as much as anything.
    The Pats went 11-5 wihtout brady, the Colts go 2-14 without Peyton. GB has it's biggest offensive day of the year with Rodgers on the pine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Looks like McCoy and AP are going to finish in front of Rice.
    MJD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It's top players of 2012, not 2011. 2012 hasn't happenned yet, and all indications are that Peyton is healthy and back to normal. He should have been #1 overall. Last year proved that as much as anything.
    The Pats went 11-5 wihtout brady, the Colts go 2-14 without Peyton. GB has it's biggest offensive day of the year with Rodgers on the pine.
    Please realize in respect to our 10-5 record without Tom Brady in 2008 was considerably worse than the 16-0 season we had in 2007 with Tom Brady. We didn't really beat any good teams in 2008 either, despite the decent record. Peyton Manning is a great QB, but I'm not sure they are much very good with him in 2011, they had a lot of issues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brady12AH81 View Post
    Please realize in respect to our 10-5 record without Tom Brady in 2008 was considerably worse than the 16-0 season we had in 2007 with Tom Brady. We didn't really beat any good teams in 2008 either, despite the decent record. Peyton Manning is a great QB, but I'm not sure they are much very good with him in 2011, they had a lot of issues.
    Agreed, I highly doubt they would have been any better than 8-8 in 2011 with Peyton. Their defense was terrible, the offensive line sucked, and they didn't have a run game to speak of. Manning would have been exposed, would have been ugly to watch the Texans defense pummel him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady12AH81 View Post
    Obvious it's not a direct parrallel situation.
    That said, I think it still is a clea rindicator of whom is the single best player in the league, bar none. But yes, I agree, that the Colts this past year were not nearly the team that the Pats were in that Year, which is borne out as you say in the difference in quality the previous year for each team.
    I still think the driopoff wihtout Peyton was larger then the dropoff without Tom. It is partially due to the dropoff from Matt Cassell to Curtis Painter and friends as well. But again, I still think the situation as a whole still shows that Peyton is possibly the best there ever was, and almost certainly the best in the past decade.