Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    from what it is compared to what it could have been... id say they let us down. In all reality there isnt much actual insight to what the players think of each other. might be a stupid list but it could have been really revealing, if take serious. Id classify that as a let down, even if it is only a moderate disappointment.
    This is one reason we don't see many former players working in the Front Office as scouts or GM's. Most of them suck at player evaluations.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i lost respect for these rankings awhile ago. Jimmy Graham over Gronk was pretty much the last straw.
    You act like Jimmy Graham is Ed Dickson. Jimmy Graham is elite and unlike Gronk doesn't have another TE that draws considerable attention.

I wouldn't have had a problem if Gronk was 15 and Graham was 20 but some of you guys act like Graham should be 70 and Gronk 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    You act like Jimmy Graham is Ed Dickson. Jimmy Graham is elite and unlike Gronk doesn't have another TE that draws considerable attention.

I wouldn't have had a problem if Gronk was 15 and Graham was 20 but some of you guys act like Graham should be 70 and Gronk 10.

Npo, but I would have thought gronk was top 10 or close to it with Graham in the 30s to 40s. I would also say that there should be a CLEAR line between the two with Gronk coming out on top. He had more yards, TD's and is a FAR, FAR better blocker. Having another TE is more of a detractor then addition. Though NO had a better WR corps, and a much more wide open pass game.

This just shows again how clueless players are when it comes to voting on...anything. Just like the Pro Bowl this is a name recognition/popularity contest....nothing more.

They are so zoned in on their own team, rarely watch other games and are so busy in season they can't possibly be relied on for this type of thing. Just another time filler for NFLN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    This just shows again how clueless players are when it comes to voting on...anything. Just like the Pro Bowl this is a name recognition/popularity contest....nothing more.

They are so zoned in on their own team, rarely watch other games and are so busy in season they can't possibly be relied on for this type of thing. Just another time filler for NFLN.
    Yup, and I think its a disgrace to list Frank Gore anywhere near Ray Rice at this point. Gore is a good back on the decline who was at his peak a season or two ago. Marshawn Lynch should be where Gore is on this list IMO. Both Foster and Rice should be top 15, McCoy is not quite as good as either players, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yup, and I think its a disgrace to list Frank Gore anywhere near Ray Rice at this point. Gore is a good back on the decline who was at his peak a season or two ago. Marshawn Lynch should be where Gore is on this list IMO. Both Foster and Rice should be top 15, McCoy is not quite as good as either players, but that's just my opinion.
    What number was Gore?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    What number was Gore?

Wink Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Another reason that this list is dumb is they have James Harrison ranked above Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

Dude missed about 5 or 6 games & had his lowest sack count in 3 years.

Tamba Hali had 12 sacks, played every game, and was ranked lower. Von Miller also had more sacks and more forced fumbles and was still ranked lower.
    The biggest joke of all was Peyton Manning missing all 16 games and voted #50.

Talk about being "grandfathered" in. YOI!

Blog Entries

Looks like McCoy and AP are going to finish in front of Rice.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMB View Post
    The biggest joke of all was Peyton Manning missing all 16 games and voted #50.

Talk about being "grandfathered" in. YOI!

It's top players of 2012, not 2011. 2012 hasn't happenned yet, and all indications are that Peyton is healthy and back to normal. He should have been #1 overall. Last year proved that as much as anything.
    The Pats went 11-5 wihtout brady, the Colts go 2-14 without Peyton. GB has it's biggest offensive day of the year with Rodgers on the pine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Looks like McCoy and AP are going to finish in front of Rice.
    MJD as well.

12. Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It's top players of 2012, not 2011. 2012 hasn't happenned yet, and all indications are that Peyton is healthy and back to normal. He should have been #1 overall. Last year proved that as much as anything.
    The Pats went 11-5 wihtout brady, the Colts go 2-14 without Peyton. GB has it's biggest offensive day of the year with Rodgers on the pine.
    Please realize in respect to our 10-5 record without Tom Brady in 2008 was considerably worse than the 16-0 season we had in 2007 with Tom Brady. We didn't really beat any good teams in 2008 either, despite the decent record. Peyton Manning is a great QB, but I'm not sure they are much very good with him in 2011, they had a lot of issues.