• Home couch watching HDTV

21 70.00%
  • Sports bar

4 13.33%
  • Fuck the NFL -- gone fishing!

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

49rs 2x seating prices - how would we react in Baltimore?

Ticket prices to double for 49ers games at the new stadium in Santa Clara. The Ravens base their ticket pricing on the other NFL teams. With more expensive new or upgraded stadiums in Dallas + Phoenix + New Jersey + KC, to be followed by new or rebuilds in Atlanta + Minneapolis + St. Louis, another round of top tier NFL ticket prices will soar. IIRC, Dick Cass stated that the Ravens, to remain competitive, would stay in the top ten of NFL ticket pricing.

Doubling of ticket prices is inevitable ---> It's "when", not "if". Assume that our prices double by 2016 ... that's 49er-like $250 for lower sidelines, $200 for upper sidelines, and $600 for club seats.

How would you wind up:

- still at the stadium, taking it in the ass from Bisciotti & the NFL (esp the NFLPA)?

- had enough: it's time for the home HDTV

- sports bars -- gotta be surrounded by other Ravens fans, even drunks!

- fuck the NFL - I'm going fishing & camping in the Fall! :grbac:

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Re: 49rs 2x seating prices - how would we react in Baltimore?

Ticket prices will not go from being the same price for the last 4 years to doubling in the next 4 years. in 4 years the prices may go up 20-25%. The Ravens know this market could never fill the stadium at those prices.

Blog Entries

I guess it would really depend on the product on the field. I am not spending a grand to take the family to a game that I will be miserable at. If ticket prices go that high I expect a superb performance by the home team.

My first thought with the 49ers was there's no way that they could have let that fly during the Mike Singletary/ Mike Nolan years. They expect to remain competitive under Harbaugh.

Thats not quite what the article is saying. The article said "many" of the seats will double in price, not all of them.

I imagine it's the UL seats. I sat in the UL once at Candlestick and face value was around $50.00.

Prices have been and always will be determined by the market. If football remains the high quality, luxury product it is today, you will see prices stay high or increase. It's that simple.

Plus, the ownership is about to get a sizable bump in TV money in two years, so I'd be surprised if they moved to substantially increase ticket prices.

Blog Entries

Its already too rich for my blood. I like watching from home better and dont have to deal with assholes (at least ones that i dont call my friends). There will be a limit to how much tney can raise them and still sell out weekly. 200/per id assume is pretty close to that number.
    -JAB

Interesting the way this and some other stadiums break down their ticket prices based on location.

Upper deck mid field is pretty damn close to the same price as lower deck mid field (what they are referring to as premium seats.)

At our stadium upper deck mid field is considerably cheaper then lower deck IIRC.

Our stadium gets broken down pretty much by lower deck between the 25 and 25 roughly, corner and then endzone.

Their mid field seems to go straight up to the top regardless of what level you are on.

Ain't no way I'm kicking out 300.00+ per seat in my lifetime.
    At least not on a regular basis.

I'd more then likely sell the majority of the games and attend 1 or 2 in person if my profits dictated that ability.

Paying what I pay now is on the borderline of my financial ability to attend.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I'm resigned to the fact that some day I'll probably have to unload my PSLs. I expect ticket prices to easily double in less than 5-7 years. Another 10 years after that I predict talk of a new stadium surfacing. That's when I think some of us will get priced out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

Interesting the way this and some other stadiums break down their ticket prices based on location.

Upper deck mid field is pretty damn close to the same price as lower deck mid field (what they are referring to as premium seats.)

At our stadium upper deck mid field is considerably cheaper then lower deck IIRC.

Our stadium gets broken down pretty much by lower deck between the 25 and 25 roughly, corner and then endzone.

Their mid field seems to go straight up to the top regardless of what level you are on.

Ain't no way I'm kicking out 300.00+ per seat in my lifetime.
    At least not on a regular basis.

I'd more then likely sell the majority of the games and attend 1 or 2 in person if my profits dictated that ability.

Paying what I pay now is on the borderline of my financial ability to attend.
    That's craziness. I'd much rather sit on my couch then in the upper deck. I've had 'good" seats up there(not on the rail at the 50, but good) and I far prefer my couch to that. to charge $300 for such a seat is beyond ridiculous. But that's why i go to a game or two a year, because unless you are getting tickets in excess of $100 face value, it's nto worth it.

Blog Entries

I go to one or two games a year tops, it's just too good an experience in my mancave. Gather with son, food, drink, wifi, 60+" HDTV and Sunday Ticket with Redzone.

Going to a game is fun once in a while but especially for division (big) games I prefer the home option.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Why anyone would buy a ticket to watch football in a stadium is beyond me. 75% of the seats are too far away to see much of anything. $200 for the whole family to watch all 16 Ravens games on Direct TV is a much better investment. Best seat in the house and you don't have to pay $5 for a hotdog.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Why anyone would buy a ticket to watch football in a stadium is beyond me.
    It has a lot to due with the crowd atmosphere. It's an event, not merely a TV show. Watching football on HDTV, while improved over the old analog small screen sets, just isn't the same. It's not even close. At games, my heart pounds and my ears ring; not that way watching from my couch. Anyway, I record all the games to get double the pleasure when the Ravens win.

However, if my tickets get into the unaffordable range, I will have to just find a way to get more out of the HDTV.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).