Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

MJD to skip Jacksonville Mini Camps.

He's ok with losing $20g's per day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tory-minicamp/

That means the Jaguars can fine him up to $60,000, which would cut his 2012 pay from $4.45 million (an amount that Jones-Drew thinks is far too low) to $4.39 million. He could also be subject to having to forfeit a portion of the $9 million signing bonus he received when he signed his current five-year, $31 million deal in 2009.
    Does this mean Ray Rice will skip the mandatory mini camps? No, not necessarily, but my point is don't be surprised if he holds out for a bit.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: MJD to skip Jacksonville Mini Camps.

MJD is worth a lot more to that team than almost every other RB is to their team in the league, even Rice. I wouldn't go crazy with paying him, but MJD IMO should be the highest paid back in the league. The Jags would have lost every game without him in 2011.

Rice is good friends with him, I actually expect Rice to miss at least a little of the mini camps.

Blog Entries

I expect Rice to miss all of them, and a good portion of preseason too.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I expect Rice to miss all of them, and a good portion of preseason too.
    I'd be surprised if he skipped a lot of pre-season...that leaves the Ravens open to dock him a lot of money...I think it's like $20K a day...he may be making $7.7 mill this season, but if he skips a lot (or potentially all of) pre-season then he could be giving up a few mill.

Blog Entries

This could get interesting in Jville with the new owner and the most popular player on the team holding out.

But with Rice, he hasn't signed his tender so he isn't under contract, correct? I think it's different

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Even our owner knows Rice will not be here for any OTA's.

I'd expect him to miss a significant portion of preseason too...but eventually he'll be in here to sign the tender.

does he not have to sign the tag by 16 july? meaning he should be back after that unless he wants fines

Blog Entries
    The Jags GM has also said that they will not give MJD a new deal. Should be interesting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This could get interesting in Jville with the new owner and the most popular player on the team holding out.

But with Rice, he hasn't signed his tender so he isn't under contract, correct? I think it's different
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    does he not have to sign the tag by 16 july? meaning he should be back after that unless he wants fines
    Yea, he hasn't signed the tender yet, so technically he's not under contract.

The July 16th date is when they have to get a new deal done by in order to remove the tag number from this year's cap (IIRC).

I'm not sure how this works now under the new CBA. What I do know is that missing mandatory sessions can result in the team fining a player up to $20K a day...this was something that the owners really were not going to move on. They wanted to up the ante for hold outs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Jags GM has also said that they will not give MJD a new deal. Should be interesting
    Two years left on the deal YOU signed, fulfill your end of the bargain and honor your contract. Sick of this nonsense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfejr View Post
    Two years left on the deal YOU signed, fulfill your end of the bargain and honor your contract. Sick of this nonsense.
    I agree with you. We've seen more players end up losing this than win it. Most teams aren't pushovers like the Jets.

For as long as Rice is not under contract, he cannot be fined I believe.

Rice could hold out all of TC and he won't miss a dime.

He won't start missing money until/unless he starts missing games.