• Home couch watching HDTV

21 70.00%
  • Sports bar

4 13.33%
  • Fuck the NFL -- gone fishing!

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 49rs 2x seating prices - how would we react in Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It has a lot to due with the crowd atmosphere. It's an event, not merely a TV show. Watching football on HDTV, while improved over the old analog small screen sets, just isn't the same. It's not even close. At games, my heart pounds and my ears ring; not that way watching from my couch. Anyway, I record all the games to get double the pleasure when the Ravens win.
    Agreed.

There is an atmosphere in the stadium that cannot be duplicated. Using the last home game against the Texans, the home crowd didn't get the feel of the warm up to the game. That amazing "I'm Coming Home" video montage on the HD screens, leading up to the anthem and flyover, culminating in the ever famous Ray Lewis intro. There's nothing like it.

The league seism to be aware of the many fans who do prefer the at home experience and I think WiFi and other ideas they floated at the owners meetings will go a long way to getting folks to be more interested at the game. Once they start allowing iPads and similar tablet devices, it will be the best of both worlds -- highlights, fantasy etc on your tablet at the same time the game is going on.

£50 for soccer games in uk, well, last i was there. Granted they have probably 25? games at home over the course of all competitions in a season, possibly more.

Are Bball games cheap considering they play loads at home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I go to one or two games a year tops, it's just too good an experience in my mancave. Gather with son, food, drink, wifi, 60+" HDTV and Sunday Ticket with Redzone.

Going to a game is fun once in a while but especially for division (big) games I prefer the home option.
    I am in the same boat. I can afford season tickets, but I just can't justify that expense when I have a really awesome HDTV and friends to drink/eat with in the comfort of my own home. I do enjoy making it to a game or two every season though.

Blog Entries

Once I had multiple kids the NFL priced me out of going to live games. I do continue to pay for the Sunday Ticket though even when they raised their prices. This year they're actually dropping them probably because they had priced themselves above the market and were losing subscribers. The economy still stinks and is going to for many more years to come. If they want to sell product they need to be smart with their pricing.

Blog Entries

I paid $400 for 2 club level tickets for the PO game vs Tenn. They doubled by the next home PO game vs Indy. I started paying $100 pr ticket for reg club tics when the stadium was first built but they've more than doubled. Those tics are at least $200 now.

I haven't been to stadium in 4 yrs except for a couple of PO games on the road. Since retiring I've saved thousands by going to less Ravens games. Watched them all on
    TV.

Here's a list of ticket prices for 2012 Ravens season. Looks like my old seats are now $285 pr game and thats more than double plus double that for a PO game. So its
    $2850 for season ticket package for 1 plus more than that for a PO game on a fixed income.

Nose bleeds in the end zone are $55-$60 as cheapies.

http://ravens.seasonticketrights.com...ense-Info.aspx
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-10-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Why anyone would buy a ticket to watch football in a stadium is beyond me. 75% of the seats are too far away to see much of anything. $200 for the whole family to watch all 16 Ravens games on Direct TV is a much better investment. Best seat in the house and you don't have to pay $5 for a hotdog.
    Like others have mentioned there's something to be said of the gameday experience and the electric atmosphere it produces. Let's not forget the presence of 70K people every Sunday makes your direct TV experience possible.

Blog Entries

I love going to games and I try to go to at least a game or two per season, but honestly when you factor in all of the money it costs to go to the game I can get a pretty sweet set up in my "cave", if you will, and enjoy a lot more than just Ravens' games.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It may take some effort to attend the games (money, parking, weather, etc) but like anything that takes effort, it is more rewarding. We are social creatures and sitting at home watching TV just doesn't do it for me. I like the thrill of being there. I never get the same thrill at home. I'll take the stadium for as long as I can muster the effort.
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

I doubt ticket prices in Baltimore will get to where they will in the Niners new stadium. The last couple of seasons, I've gone to a game, but as my investments are doing better, I can see myself staying on that track or going to a couple more per yer.

I probably won't be getting a PSL anytime soon, even though I want one.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

does anyone think that they will start charging the at-home tv watching public to watch premium games on tv...
    simular to prime time boxing matches...
    charging a flat fee to watch certain games.

I have psl but only go to two to four games...
    when Im at home, I wish I was in the stadium.
    I sell my seats to friends and family.
    They can afford to go once a year...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    does anyone think that they will start charging the at-home tv watching public to watch premium games on tv...
    It's possible, although in Cleveland the Browns pay fans $10 a game to watch them on TV. Many have rejected the offer. Wouldn't you? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    simular to prime time boxing matches...
    charging a flat fee to watch certain games.

I have psl but only go to two to four games...
    when Im at home, I wish I was in the stadium.
    I sell my seats to friends and family.
    They can afford to go once a year...
    The already do. That's what the NFL Sunday Ticket is. For a flat fee you get access to everything that is not normally shown in your area.

I don't see a pay per view with no other option like those events you describe. The networks have no problem selling advertising at the highest possible rates for the Super Bowl and other huge games. Why would they take that away for pay per view?