Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ochocinco?

Re: Ochocinco?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Except TO hasn't had a 1000 yard season since 2008 and that was before he tore his ACL.
    TO had 950 receiving yards and 9 TDS in 2010 in about 12 games.

Blog Entries

The aren't signing any more Wide Receivers. They made their play with Jones. They won't add another.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    TO had 950 receiving yards and 9 TDS in 2010 in about 12 games.
    ...last I checked 950 was less than 1000...again, this was also before he tore his ACL.

The Ravens are not the only team out there with WR issues and no one else is looking at TO. The market for 38 year old receivers not named Jerry Rice is pretty much 0%.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

No thanks.

Maybe the Raiders will sign him and pick TJ back up.

Bengals-West.
    Not if Carson has something to say about it...

Yeah, there's no way they even bother to kick the tires on Ochocinco. The thing is, per PFT and a bunch of other sources, Ochocinco got dropped by the Pats because he never learned the playbook. Yes, that's right, throughout all of last year and part of this year a 34 year old veteran who's been in the league 10+ years can't learn a playbook.

Physically, he can probably still play in the league. But if he can't learn a playbook, something is desperately wrong with either his motivation or his intellect. My money is on both when it comes to Chad. I don't see him catching on anywhere, but if he does, it will have to be a team which runs an offense very close to Cincinnati's.

Bob Bratkowski was the OC in Cincinnati during Ochocinco's good years. He's the OC in Jacksonville now. That might be the only place he could catch on.

Blog Entries

why do we have WR problems? Boldin Smith Jones Doss Reed? williams streeter. For a team that rarely uses 3 WRs id say we actually have solid depth at the position.
    -JAB

...last I checked 950 was less than 1000...again, this was also before he tore his ACL.

The Ravens are not the only team out there with WR issues and no one else is looking at TO. The market for 38 year old receivers not named Jerry Rice is pretty much 0%.
    You are so set on being right on this that you cant secede and admit that TO had a beast year that year. 950 Receiving/9 TDs in 12 games? No ravens receiver has ever been able to touch that. Also, he tore his MCL during the season that kept him out for the rest of the year, not acl. He tore his ACL in the off season.

And also, you realize that TO is a top 5 all-time receiver? Hes 2nd to Jerry Rice in TDS, 2nd in yards.

I cant for the life of me grasp why no team has picked him up. Hes been anything but a cancer in the locker room since dallas, the whole fiasco with his IFL team was a breech of contract on the teams part. His contract stated that he didnt have to attend away games and he was only getting paid for home games.

Hes been a good guy for 5 years now and people cant look over the past when he could still be a top 10 receiver in this league.
    Last edited by landspeed; 06-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    why do we have WR problems? Boldin Smith Jones Doss Reed? williams streeter. For a team that rarely uses 3 WRs id say we actually have solid depth at the position.
    Boldin hasnt been used correctly since he came here. Smith is a beast, doss should be given a chance. Signing jacoby jones was a waste and I wouldnt be surprised if we cut him before the season starts.

Blog Entries

You are so set on being right on this that you cant secede and admit that TO had a beast year that year. 950 Receiving/9 TDs in 12 games? No ravens receiver has ever been able to touch that. Also, he tore his MCL during the season that kept him out for the rest of the year, not acl. He tore his ACL in the off season.
    You said that TO could still produce a 1000 yard season. Purely speculative and there is no way to know that. All I said was that he hasn't produced a 1000 yard season in nearly 4 years and considering his age & recent injury history (and the fact that literally NO other teams have shown any interest in him) leads me to believe that he probably couldn't produce a 1000 yard season right now or anytime in the foreseeable future. He did have a good year in Cinci. I'm not saying that he didn't. That was 2 (going on 3) years ago. He'll be 39 years old in December. He's done and he's been done for a while. He may not think so, but the NFL disagrees with him.

And also, you realize that TO is a top 5 all-time receiver? Hes 2nd to Jerry Rice in TDS, 2nd in yards.
    And Jim Brown is considered to be the best player regardless of position to ever play in the NFL. What does that have to do with anything?

I cant for the life of me grasp why no team has picked him up. Hes been anything but a cancer in the locker room since dallas, the whole fiasco with his IFL team was a breech of contract on the teams part. His contract stated that he didnt have to attend away games and he was only getting paid for home games.

Hes been a good guy for 5 years now and people cant look over the past when he could still be a top 10 receiver in this league.
    He'll be 39 in December. That's why no team is giving him a shot.

If you put aside your obvious personal "fandom" regarding TO (not a knock...but you're obviously a fan) then it's pretty easy to see why no team is interested in him.

The Ravens have even less of an interest in him because of how he acted when they traded for him. He refused to play in Baltimore. I've no doubt that Ozzie and Steve Bisciotti remember that very well.

Blog Entries

Boldin hasnt been used correctly since he came here. Smith is a beast, doss should be given a chance. Signing jacoby jones was a waste and I wouldnt be surprised if we cut him before the season starts.
    I doubt they cut him.

I'm not big on the signing either, but he'll be a Raven for at least this season.

Blog Entries

Hes going to be our main punt and kick returner regardless of PT at wr. Hes not going anywhere.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Wow it really is slow this time of year but geeeezh

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!