Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cam Cameron Hatred

Ok I see what Cosell is saying. We use too many 2 wide sets in his opinion. He may very well be correct. But when Cam was asked about what Cosell said Cam said he is "trying to win the division". I get what Cam is saying there. He wants to be conservative because with a defense like ours and Ray Rice he thinks turnovers are killers (which I agree with) and it is more likely to throw a pick than it is to fumble.
    I can't say I totally agree with Cameron, but I can't say the reason our offense sucks at times is entirely because of him. Maybe we could have better stats, but as far as winning I don't know if a new O coordinator would win us any more games than Cameron has. We were a dropped pass and a missed field goal from a chance to be in The Super Bowl. Cosell sounds like he blames the receivers also, which is good. The fact is most of the year Evans was out and our number 3 WR would have been a nobody. Doss is a bit slow from what I understand, and LaQuan can't catch from what I have seen. So who would have been more viable, one of them or Vonta/Pitta?
    Cameron does also point out that his offense in San Diego was among the best in the game. So I think it is possible to flourish in his system, maybe we just need a viable 3rd target (looking at you Jacoby). Then again when you look back at who flourished in San Diego when Cameron was there it was Gates, LT, Brees, Rivers and not so much their wide receivers.
    I guess it all just comes down to personal taste in what you want the offensive scheme to be, but in my opinion we should have the ability to win either way as long as we have a viable 3rd or 4th target.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Cam is like a driver at the Indy 500, who won't go over 40 MPH. Safe YES, but win the race...well ... Bc
    Not to get technical but the top qualifying speeds for this year's Indy 500 were over 224 mph
    so CAM has to go really fast to even qualify.

Just saying ya know. He didn't drop the ball in the end zone with
    25 secs left but he sure got us there.

When he thanked Ozzie for keeping him on Ozzie said it was never in our minds
    that you were leaving.

TRANSLATED: ONLY IN THE FANS MINDS!

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/...sults-pole-day
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-08-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Cam is like a driver at the Indy 500, who won't go over 40 MPH. Safe YES, but win the race...well ... Bc
    Lol...that's a pretty good analogy.

Blog Entries

Everyone points to that Cosell article where he compared it to the 60's and to me that's why I don't have a lot of credibilty in Cosell sometimes. He obviously said that statement out of emotion or there is some kind of rift there. Guess in all his film watching he missed the Chargers in the 80s.

Personally I believe the (sometimes) conservative play calling comes from Harbs and Cam is just doing what he's told. The Coryell system was developed to open up passing and can be very explosive

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Everyone points to that Cosell article where he compared it to the 60's and to me that's why I don't have a lot of credibilty in Cosell sometimes. He obviously said that statement out of emotion or there is some kind of rift there. Guess in all his film watching he missed the Chargers in the 80s.

Personally I believe the (sometimes) conservative play calling comes from Harbs and Cam is just doing what he's told. The Coryell system was developed to open up passing and can be very explosive
    I would agree with you except that Cam's version of the Coryell has never been anywhere near an explosive passing offense.

It is almost entirely centered around the running back.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Cam isn't running the version the Chargers ran in the 80's. He's not running what Gibbs used either which was also the same basic system that the Chargers used but a different version and just as effective. Next time they show the Ghost to the Post game on the NFL Network watch the Raiders offense. That's what Cam is running. The problem is the rules are different now and that doesn't translate well to modern times.

Blog Entries

I don't think Cam is conservative. He's aggressive but he lacks imagination and his playcalling is predictable. Flacco threw the ball 31 times in a game where he only had 10 completions and the defense scored 3 tds, the Jets game. If I remember correctly most of those pass attempts came in the first half. In that situation, I absolutely believe Harbaugh put the breaks on the Air Flacco show, and rightfully so because it wasn't working.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I don't think Cam is conservative. He's aggressive but he lacks imagination and his playcalling is predictable. Flacco threw the ball 31 times in a game where he only had 10 completions and the defense scored 3 tds, the Jets game. If I remember correctly most of those pass attempts came in the first half. In that situation, I absolutely believe Harbaugh put the breaks on the Air Flacco show, and rightfully so because it wasn't working.
    Why should the HC have to intervene during a game where everyone, even fans watching at home, could see the gameplan was ineffective? That's my other concern with him. He has no feel for the flow of the game.

Blog Entries

I don't think Cam is conservative. He's aggressive but he lacks imagination and his playcalling is predictable...
    Huh? That's like saying "he's a good actor, but forgets his lines." ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Why should the HC have to intervene during a game where everyone, even fans watching at home, could see the gameplan was ineffective? That's my other concern with him. He has no feel for the flow of the game.
    Very true. You know who should have a great feel of the game? The guy under center. I think if Flacco were REALLY given more control and input into the offense the Ravens offense might flow a little better. Not to mention, we might be able to use the hurry up a little more, which works so well against our own defense.

Blog Entries

Very true. You know who should have a great feel of the game? The guy under center. I think if Flacco were REALLY given more control and input into the offense the Ravens offense might flow a little better. Not to mention, we might be able to use the hurry up a little more, which works so well against our own defense.
    what makes you think he can't change the play, he does it all the time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Huh? That's like saying "he's a good actor, but forgets his lines." ... Bc
    Being aggressive is not always a positive. It can be a negative when you are aggressive at the wrong time.