Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Top 10 AFC North players?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd still put Joe Thomas as a top 5 LT in the league. I happen to think that Ryan Clady is one of the better LT's in the league and he had a down year as well. Thomas struggled last year and you could probably attribute some of it to Pat Shurmur and a lot of it to Colt McCoy, but on the year (which is how I was looking at it) I think Whitworth was the best LT. Honestly, as I think about it there is a good argument for him being the best OL'man in the AFC North last year.

We aren't disagreeing that much, simly more to do with how much you value last year compared to a career. Last year, I agree that Whitworth was great, but prior??? not so much. He has been steadily improving, but one year does not a career make.
    I too like Clady and Long, and consider both of them to have superior careers to Whitworth.
    I also think Colt McCoy and the Andy Reid deciple played a big part in Joe Thomas' only year that was average. He was superb, and IMO, EASILy the best in football prior to that.

Thomas is overrated and really regressed last year, but he's still the best LT in the division.

Scratching my head at how anyone can possibly think Roethlisberger isn't far and away the best QB in the division with absolutely no close 2nd.

Ray Lewis does not belong in the top 10 players in the division as of today. Terrell Suggs absolutely does.

Blog Entries

But jonboy I love the call on Haloti Ngata, even though he has already broken out as the best DT in football, next year I think he is going to have one of those "make your self a future HOFer" type season.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Thomas is overrated and really regressed last year, but he's still the best LT in the division.

Scratching my head at how anyone can possibly think Roethlisberger isn't far and away the best QB in the division with absolutely no close 2nd.

Ray Lewis does not belong in the top 10 players in the division as of today. Terrell Suggs absolutely does.
    Point of information, the players int he whole league voted him as top 30 in the entire league, So I'd say there is nothing wrong with him being top 10 in our division, one of 6 inthe NFL. for that matter AJ Green Joe thomas and Lamar Woodley are the only ones out of my top 10 NOT in the top 30 on NFL Networks list.

He would be #1 in the top over-hyped players. He will meet Dez Bryant in the I'm a hall of famer but my coach thinks i'm a third stringer club. He and Dalton will fade this year and subsequent years

This leads to an interesting question. If you put together an "all star" team of the best players at each position in the AFC North – and put that team up against the all-star teams of the other divisions in an 8-team playoff – who would win? Which division has the best players?

I'm really struck by how awesome a football team you could put together, with Joe Thomas and Whitworth at the tackles, and Ray Rice, with Big Ben under center throwing to AJ Green and whomever you like better from Antonio Brown / Mike Wallace et al. A defense with Haloti Ngata & Terrell Suggs & James Harrison & Woodley & Polamalu & Ed Reed & the best of the Ravens/Bengals corners on it.

But that's a stupid thing to say, right? All of the 8 teams would be awesome.

Maybe the AFC North all-star team would have the best defense, and the best offense would be – the NFC North? With Aaron Rodgers throwing to Calvin Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I doubt he will be thaaat good.
    I don't one bit. Dude is a serious baller
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66