If you're GAY,
    and can PLAY,
    then you'll STAY,
    that's the NFL WAY... Bc
    YAY

Blog Entries

Re: NFL Player Comes Out of the Closet

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I don't have a problem with it, and I thought it was an interesting article.

Not an interesting front page article, but interesting.

There are people all across the United States who are terrified their family and friends might find out they are homosexual. This guy wants to say, I was a professional in this macho sport and I decided, for myself, that I was done pretending. It was just a pin dropping, but it was a pin dropping in a deathly silent room, so it was an interesting read for me.

That's a message and a story worth sharing. Don't like, don't read it, as with most of these things.

I couldn't care less about Green Lantern.
    My biggest issue is the headline and the placement as a front page sports story. I have no problem with Wade Davis and wish him well. It's the media the marketing of everything gay this year that I think is way over the top.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    <i>Accusing</i> someone of being gay as a slander, as though being gay is an insult, is kind of considered inappropriate nowadays.
    :grbac:

It was a J-O-K-E.

And honestly, it wasn't even a joke that was meant to be insulting...more of a thought on the irony of someone like him actually being gay considering all of the "bathroom conquests" over the years...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My biggest issue is the headline and the placement as a front page sports story. I have no problem with Wade Davis and wish him well. It's the media the marketing of everything gay this year that I think is way over the top.
    It didn't register on me that it was a front page story. I'm not sure I would have put it there, as I said, particularly with the concussion lawsuits staying in the news this week. I think that's more interesting, from a football perspective.

Also the nonsense coming out of Cleveland is more interesting to me, but I have a morbid fascination with sports teams that are train wrecks (see: Baltimore Orioles).
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    :grbac:

It was a J-O-K-E.
    I wasn't contesting whether or not it was a joke; I was just pointing out that it's considered an inappropriate joke according to the contemporary zeitgeist. You know, that whole teenagers killing themselves because what they are is wrought with societal shame thing?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I wasn't contesting whether or not it was a joke; I was just pointing out that it's considered an inappropriate joke according to the contemporary zeitgeist. You know, that whole teenagers killing themselves because what they are is wrought with societal shame thing?
    Isn't he the guy that entered the league as a tight end with hopes of becoming a wider receiver?
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Isn't he the guy that entered the league as a tight end with hopes of becoming a wider receiver?
    *chuckle*

I guess once the offensive jokes come out, it's "political."

Well, if the Moderators think it's best for people to respond rather than just shut it down, I'm game.

For whatever reason I didn't care about the Roethlissberger joke.

This one, though... The guy entered the league for the same reason anyone else enters the league: To play football and to make money. Does he think about sex? I suppose he does sometimes, just like any other guy. "Look, hah hah, that guy likes to have sex with other men," is that the joke? Yeah, sorry, I think I was fake laughing at that one when I was in seventh grade, and now that I'm older I'll just call it what it is: offensive.

I hope BcRaven is right

If you're GAY,
    and can PLAY,
    then you'll STAY,
    that's the NFL WAY...

I hope that's true.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.