Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Jimmy Smith lost 15 pounds, and apparently looking really good in OTAs.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm a little skeptical with this idea of Jimmy Smith playing a little lighter this upcoming season. We drafted him as big physically imposing CB. Now he wants to lose 15 pounds? Isn't that a bit much? Better yet has he played at that weight before? While I recognize these cases might be slightly different, we saw with Cody and Ngata that playing at a different weight, one which you're not accustomed to could present some problems.
    In this day and age, with the athleticsm and speed of WR's, it is so important for corners to be agile and fast enough to cover them, especially down field (which is where Smith struggled a little in 2011).

I agree with GOTA, McPhee is our next Geno Atkins.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm a little skeptical with this idea of Jimmy Smith playing a little lighter this upcoming season. We drafted him as big physically imposing CB. Now he wants to lose 15 pounds? Isn't that a bit much? Better yet has he played at that weight before? While I recognize these cases might be slightly different, we saw with Cody and Ngata that playing at a different weight, one which you're not accustomed to could present some problems.
    Lots of times these guys exaggerate on stuff like this, I wouldn't get caught up with the numbers too much.

Guys come in claiming best shape of their lives, lost x amount of weight all the time. Who knows what the exact numbers are.

So we're really have a legitimate discussion about moving a freakishly talented prototype career Corner to a position he's never played before, and also moving a pro bowl caliber, proven corner to a position he hasn't played in the NFL ever......................

Please bring on training camp!
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    So we're really have a legitimate discussion about moving a freakishly talented prototype career Corner to a position he's never played before, and also moving a pro bowl caliber, proven corner to a position he hasn't played in the NFL ever......................

I don't understand it either.

If you have an elite CB, you keep them there. CB's are more valuable than FS.

Now if the question is if they should move there in their 30's as their skills erode...ala Rod Woodson/Ronnie Lott...that's another story. But that's 6+ years away for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't understand it either.

If you have an elite CB, you keep them there. CB's are more valuable than FS.

Now if the question is if they should move there in their 30's as their skills erode...ala Rod Woodson/Ronnie Lott...that's another story. But that's 6+ years away for both.
    I understand things are a little slow, but the idea is a tad too ridiculous right now, even for offseason speculation. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the team makes moves like that.... On madden i'm sure Jimmy smith would be a legendary safety, but in real life, keep him at corner, let him develop into his potential.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

What part of "purely speculative" do you knuckleheads not understand?

It's a damn message board and it's the off-season fer chrisssakes.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post

Last time I checked this was a message board designed to promote dialogue, discussions, thoughts based on either fact, fiction, dreams and speculation....besides it's off season...duh!!