Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Was Suggs really playing basketball, after all?

“Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Was Suggs really playing basketball, after all?

I'm assuming he did hurt it playing BB and frankly I thought that was the story. The real question to me is whether or not it was before they drafted Hightower (I've heard some comments on SiriusNFL that indicate they knew Suggs was hurt before the pick).

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I've never quite figured out why playing basketball is considered a dumb way to stay in shape compared to some of the other bizarre training routines (like throwing around tractor tires).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I've never quite figured out why playing basketball is considered a dumb way to stay in shape compared to some of the other bizarre training routines (like throwing around tractor tires).
    :word

Apparently the Ravens don't really care how he hurt it either, and aren't going to withhold payments regardless.

I don't get it either.
    I suppose if there is some type of clause in his contract forbidding him to play basketball then there is some type of ramification he could face regarding his pay, but I'd be shocked if the organization did him that way regardless of whether or not there is or isn't.
    Shit happens in everyday life that is unexpected.

I tore my rotator cuff, labrum and bicep tendon last spring.
    I didn't plan on it and wasn't doing anything extreme causing the injury.

I'm not quite sure what is expected of these guys in the off season.

The one year Suggs showed up over weight and out of shape and had a sub par year.

The organization wasn't happy about that, and Suggs vowed it wouldn't happen again.

Sitting around watching TV, playing video games and eating isn't exactly a recipe to prevent that from happening again.

Mcadoo tore his achilles the other day during OTAs.

Does that make it acceptable because it happened at the facility.

This is the same facility that has a basketball court and racquetball court in it for these guys to use.
    The other day Lardarius Webb had a charity softball game which many of the players participated in including Flacco, Webb and Ray Rice.
    All of those guys IMO are considered top tier players that would be a huge blow if they went down to injury participating in that event or any other circumstance.
    Don't hear anybody flipping out about guys playing in that game which any one of them could have torn an ACL, achilles, etc. running the bases, etc.

I think this is more the media trying to stir shit up to create a story more then anything else.

Do we want these guys sky diving, cliff jumping or other highly risky activitys?

Probably not, but playing in a basketball game?

Maybe we should eliminate them from walking their dogs because that's how McCrary apparently tore his knee up one time several years ago.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Who cares? If teams really have a "don't ever play basketball" rule, it's the dumbest thing ever.

Guys like Torrey Smith were playing basketball in a charity event a week or 2 before hand...where nobody tried to hide the fact that he along with a few others played basketball.

There is a freaking basketball court in the facility...yet they don't want the players to play basketball?

Doesn't matter. Recovery time will still be the same.

Blog Entries

I don't think it matters either way.

Blog Entries

What do these people get out of snitching? Is it a personal satisfaction thing?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Apparently the Ravens don't really care how he hurt it either, and aren't going to withhold payments regardless.
    Good. Glad to see an organization with common sense.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Anything Suggs does to keep his legs in shape for speed and bull rushing is putting his ankles and knees in jeopardy. It isn't like he was riding a motorcycle without a helmet or ran it into a curb doing stupid crap.