Blog Entries

OT: Redskins moving TC...AWAY from facility, to Richmond, VA in 2013

This is interesting. The same year we made the decision to get away from the "remote camp" idea around TC, the Redskins are going to move their camp FROM their training facility to Richmond, VA starting next year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hmond-in-2013/

Couple of thoughts:

1. It will be interesting to see the directions of the two clubs and relate these moves to that. Ravens argued hard that TC at their facility was a move made to better the team. So, if the Redskins continue to suck or even get worse in Richmond, would be validation...

2. Anyone who can't see that this was basically a this-for-that deal between the VA governor and Danny Boy isn't just blind, they have no eyes in their head

3. PFT's report on this seems to indicate this was a smart move to " maximize(s) the amount of time you can work on football because players don’t have much else to do while living in dorms without their families while camp is in session." Uh, except the new CBA limits what you can do per day, so unless Richmond is going to build them basically a whole new facility anyway, they'd run into the same issues Ravens had with McDaniel...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: OT: Redskins moving TC...AWAY from facility, to Richmond, VA in 2013

It made sense to me that the Ravens move TC to their facility. Everyone knows the Ravens have one of if not the best team facilities in the league.

Redskins more than likely made this move because of money. It's all Synder knows how to do things.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Snyder is all about maximizing revenue. I'm sure that's what this is all about. The effect on the team isn't an issue to him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Snyder is all about maximizing revenue. I'm sure that's what this is all about. The effect on the team isn't an issue to him.
    Yup.

There is a huge market in southern Virginia that is pretty untapped. Not many of them really follow the Carolina Panthers and geographically areas like Richmond, Norfolk, etc are kind of in the middle between DC and North Carolina, so there is a fair amount of potential for the Redskins to drive up their fan base.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

i wonder if 5-10 years from now, we'll be playing the "Richmond Redskins"...?

Seriously, if anyone complained about Westminster being a hike from Baltimore, Richmond is DOUBLE the distance from D.C. AND, Ashburn, where the team's HQ is, is EVEN FURTHER away.

I wonder what the opinion of Skins fans are today. Most are probably like "yeah, boosting economy, VA pride, RG3, WE'RE TAKING THIS TO THE SB!", even though to the outsider, this another typical Snyder bathing in cash move.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yup.

There is a huge market in southern Virginia that is pretty untapped. Not many of them really follow the Carolina Panthers and geographically areas like Richmond, Norfolk, etc are kind of in the middle between DC and North Carolina, so there is a fair amount of potential for the Redskins to drive up their fan base.
    The potential is there, for sure, but I'm pretty sure that area is more of a college football fanbase, with UVa and Virginia Tech alumni and fans.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Yup, it's all about the $$$.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...