Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

there are two great series going on right now. the problem is they are pandering to the west coast and the games start to late.

i like lebron. he represents labor versus management. i bet the cavalier trolls are on the heat message boards like the browns trolls were on the ravens message board. once the ravens won the SB all the trolls disappeared.

the heat in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Probably in the minority but I'm hoping for the Heat to win it all. I also hope it's against San Antonio
    You may be in the minority, but I am there with you. I've always liked Wade and I can't stand the irrational dislike (from fans and the media both) for Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    So how do you guys see the rest of each series playing out? and the finals?
    I see the Thunder getting by the Spurs. Really unsure about the other. But if the Celtics make it, I don't see them beating either team from the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Probably in the minority but I'm hoping for the Heat to win it all. I also hope it's against San Antonio
    Well going in i picked the Celtics to win in 6 and the Thunder in 7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You may be in the minority, but I am there with you. I've always liked Wade and I can't stand the irrational dislike (from fans and the media both) for Lebron.
    I used to like Wade until recently this year where it seems he became a dirty player. Lebron is a different story, maybe if he wasn't so cocky, didn't put on a drama show when he left Cleveland, and talk about 5 rings when he got to MIA before he even has one is the reason for his dislike.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Lebron gets alot of hate, he handled leaving Cleveland wrong but he's apologized for it. I long thought he was overrated because his overall skill set was far enough developed and alot of what he got credit for was made possible because he might be the greatest physical specimen we've ever seen in basketball, but quietly he's improved his ability off the ball, his post game, added a floater. He didnt have any of that not even a year ago so in a way i think the criticism fueled him to fill out his game.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Irrational?

He's an egomaniac and not particularly nice to folks outside of basketball. It's pretty well documented.

I can't bring myself to root for a guy who hired one of his friends to rub lotion on him before every game.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I used to like Wade until recently this year where it seems he became a dirty player. Lebron is a different story, maybe if he wasn't so cocky, didn't put on a drama show when he left Cleveland, and talk about 5 rings when he got to MIA before he even has one is the reason for his dislike.
    I get all that. The drama show never bothered me, I tuned in at the end to see where he was going in that was that. The not 5, not 6, not 7... eh, so what, it was at a pep rally (so to speak).

My complaint is how the people who those things bother, let that blind him about his talent. Which is something frankly I think is slightly overrated, I'm not saying he is not the best player in the league or one of. TO me Lebron is a better athlete than he is a basketball player but just because he did "the decision" and said how many rings he is going to win, people need to stop letting that skew their view of how good a player he is and stop saying, well he hasn't hit a game winner in the playoffs so he sucks... Reminds me of Flacco a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Irrational?

He's an egomaniac and not particularly nice to folks outside of basketball. It's pretty well documented.

I can't bring myself to root for a guy who fired one of his friends to rub lotion on him before every game.
    See above, I am not talking about irrational dislike of him personally.

Blog Entries

I see. Yeah no matter the dislike you have to respect his talent. I personally don't really like or dislike him, but I do respect his talent. Same with Kobe who I think is currently the only person that should be used in the same sentance with Jordan.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I can buy that.

He is talented. No denying that. But when I hear Wilbon and others say he's as good as Jordan, I simply have to laugh.

I'm going to say it will be the Spurs v. Heat in the finals with the Spurs making it look easy in the finals.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I see. Yeah no matter the dislike you have to respect his talent. I personally don't really like or dislike him, but I do respect his talent.
    Agreed. And even then I might not agree with any comparisons, since Jordan played in an era when teams played something called...umm... defense.