Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718 LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

I don't really follow any sport except the NFL, but I do find it amusing that James won a championship after leaving C-leaveland.

That whole state is a sport graveyard, where dreams go to die.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Great series and i love the respect to the thunder. I dont remember jordan once doing that. As close as the games were besides this one to me its pretty clear that okc does have a bright future, kd will get his. I didnt think the heat had it in them to beat a better team but they certainly played better in the finals. Just glad james played normal and got his, hopefully some harsh opinions will soften so we dont have to hear about it in the media anymore. Its time for a new story.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Great series and i love the respect to the thunder. I dont remember jordan once doing that. As close as the games were besides this one to me its pretty clear that okc does have a bright future, kd will get his. I didnt think the heat had it in them to beat a better team but they certainly played better in the finals. Just glad james played normal and got his, hopefully some harsh opinions will soften so we dont have to hear about it in the media anymore. Its time for a new story.
    It was good to see James congratulating all of the OKC players after the game and showing respect. But they didn't beat a better team, the Heat are clearly the superior team here. Other than game one when OKC was home and rested and Miami was coming off a grueling series against Boston, OKC never won a game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It was good to see James congratulating all of the OKC players after the game and showing respect. But they didn't beat a better team, the Heat are clearly the superior team here. Other than game one when OKC was home and rested and Miami was coming off a grueling series against Boston, OKC never won a game.
    Congrats to the Heat. They showed they were the better in the team and deserve the trophy. LeBron no doubt put a muzzle on all of his critics.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

5. Re: NBA playoffs

How about Mike Miller, shooting the game of his life. The bench guys really brought it for the Heat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In the Finals yes, and thats where it counts, although I dont think OKC played their best. Miami played as great as ive seen all season and OKC played mediocre by their standards. Thats instilling their will and what winning is all about, but i think OKC gets stronger by losing and comes back and doesnt have the mental breakdowns they showed that cost them some close games. Thats sports, coming together when it matters most is almost as important as having the talent to do so.

I did like Magics words about Lebron. Now that he has one hes going to get even better and in his opinion will eventually be known as a better player than MJ and deserves in the conversation right now (maybe a bit lofty but i can see the argument). I dont think he mentioned comparing him to Kobe but its pretty clear by his statement he doesnt see a comparison between the two for best in the NBA currently.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

In the Finals yes, and thats where it counts, although I dont think OKC played their best. Miami played as great as ive seen all season and OKC played mediocre by their standards. Thats instilling their will and what winning is all about, but i think OKC gets stronger by losing and comes back and doesnt have the mental breakdowns they showed that cost them some close games. Thats sports, coming together when it matters most is almost as important as having the talent to do so.

I did like Magics words about Lebron. Now that he has one hes going to get even better and in his opinion will eventually be known as a better player than MJ and deserves in the conversation right now (maybe a bit lofty but i can see the argument). I dont think he mentioned comparing him to Kobe but its pretty clear by his statement he doesnt see a comparison between the two for best in the NBA currently.
    I agree with Magic and thought the same thing before he said it, that James will maybe play more free and possibly better. I would not be surprised to see him win 2 -3 more championships over the course of his career all things being equal of course.

BUT! I am not sure Magic said James will be known as a better player than MJ. At least not the part I saw. John Barry was saying the criticism of James needs to stop and it's time to put James in the conversation as being good as MJ, Magic said no, stop. MJ dominated 6 finals, James or Kobe are not there.

Maybe I missed the part where he said he thinks he'll get there. Right now even though James is the overall best player in the league (IMO) he's not yet in the convo with MJ.

Blog Entries

James does belong in a conversation with the likes of MJ and Wilt. Those players were all great and special and also different. James is a better passer and rebounder than MJ. Wilt was a scoring machine.

Even though I was pulling for the Heat, part of me wanted OKC to win last night and get back home to see what they could do. But they were so overmatched it wasn't even much of a game. I also don't know why their coach monkeyed around with the lineup; he didn't do that all season long. Desperate times I guess...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree with Magic and thought the same thing before he said it, that James will maybe play more free and possibly better. I would not be surprised to see him win 2 -3 more championships over the course of his career all things being equal of course.

BUT! I am not sure Magic said James will be known as a better player than MJ. At least not the part I saw. John Barry was saying the criticism of James needs to stop and it's time to put James in the conversation as being good as MJ, Magic said no, stop. MJ dominated 6 finals, James or Kobe are not there.

Maybe I missed the part where he said he thinks he'll get there. Right now even though James is the overall best player in the league (IMO) he's not yet in the convo with MJ.
    Ill have to go back and listen as i did miss some of the clip, my buddy texted me "did you hear what Magic just said?!" type text, maybe he did blow it out of proportion.

I think youre right, Jon Barry was the one that said he deserves to be in the conversation. Magic just said hell be regarded as one of the best two in NBA history. Sorry for the confusion.

IMO, hes a more complete player than MJ but its hard to compare eras. He was a good defender but relied more on jumping passing lanes than straight up defense (pipen guarded the opposing best player). wasnt as strong of a rebounder (although good for his size) or passer. Hes a better shooter and what separates him from anybody was his will to win. He was the fiercest competitor weve ever seen. as a player, i feel he lacked in some areas but he certainly made up for and distinguishes himself in that area.

I think somebody asked for one game who would you take?.. kind of made me think a little. Really depends on who hes surrounded by. If hes surrounded with just a bunch of role players, id take Magic or James, because they have the ability to make them better than they are more so than Jordan would. If they both are surrounded with other stars (pippen vs Bosh/wade) that will get theirs regardless i guess i would have to go with Jordan because his will to win and competitiveness would probably be the deciding factor.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 06-22-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Ill have to go back and listen as i did miss some of the clip, my buddy texted me "did you hear what Magic just said?!" type text, maybe he did blow it out of proportion.

I think youre right, Jon Barry was the one that said he deserves to be in the conversation. Magic just said hell be regarded as one of the best two in NBA history. Sorry for the confusion.
    No worries. Not a big deal. It's not like Magic is the final say in whose opinion is correct.

There are so many categories and qualifiers to who is the best, better etc. You'll go on forever debating it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    There are so many categories and qualifiers to who is the best, better etc. You'll go on forever debating it.
    thats for sure. see my addition to the previous, i even debate myself.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

thats for sure. see my addition to the previous, i even debate myself.
    Haha. I agree with that take though. For the most part...