Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Damn. Guess OKC has to play the refs and MIA. Wonder which ref bet on that game?
    KD wouldn't have even been able to make it that close if the ref had called a charge on the Battier play.

Blog Entries

Theres calls that arent right in every game, it actually equals out pretty well for the most part, last night not being an exception. If were talking about the last play in particular, that would have been a bullshit call. Youre allowed to have a hand on the guy as long as you arent impeding his progress or his shot. If KD kept driving instead of doing a quick stop fade away he might have got that call, but he decided to pull up for the jumper right away, and with lebron having his arm under his and allowing him to still progress, didnt change anything. The way it played out, i didnt see anything worthy of a whistle. Like JMU said, there was a lot more obvious foul on KD earlier that would have fouled him out, therefore making it a moot point, as he shouldnt have even had the chance.

I love westbrook, but that game was on him. As PG you have to understand when and who to pass to. Harden being that hot should have been given a steady dose and durant should always get his. Its really no fault of his own as he was always coached to be a shooting guard and not a true PG, but he really needs to up his basketball IQ.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

The Refs were not to blame for that game. There are always bad calls, they went both ways. I'm not ready to blame Westbrook for that loss, he was shooting well in the second half I don't have a problem with him taking shots late in the game.

Blog Entries

Good game, I agree some bad calls both ways but when they show two or three replays you can usually see there was contact. I just wish they'd let some of that stuff go. And the flopping is a little out of control.

Aside from that, the Heat came out with a vengenace and were able to hang on at the end. Great series so far

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The Refs were not to blame for that game. There are always bad calls, they went both ways. I'm not ready to blame Westbrook for that loss, he was shooting well in the second half I don't have a problem with him taking shots late in the game.
    he shot poorly all game. 27 pts on 26 shots is pretty bad. If he was atleast trying to run the offense id be more inclined to agree but he was shooting early in the clock and usually without allowing players to even position themselves. That goes against pretty much everythibg a pg is suppose to do. Im sure he wont do it again in game 3.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    he shot poorly all game. 27 pts on 26 shots is pretty bad. If he was atleast trying to run the offense id be more inclined to agree but he was shooting early in the clock and usually without allowing players to even position themselves. That goes against pretty much everythibg a pg is suppose to do. Im sure he wont do it again in game 3.
    I don't disagree with how poorly he played as a PG. As far as scoring and decisions to try to score vs. pass, it's not like he's a bad option or anything. His shooting numbers for the game are a bit skewed from how horrible he shot it the first quarter/half. I think he started 1 for 9.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    KD wouldn't have even been able to make it that close if the ref had called a charge on the Battier play.
    That was a 50/50 call.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    That was a 50/50 call.
    Apparently the last one was as well.

The Thunder can blame themselves for the hole they dug in the first half.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    That's what happens when your team is known for being the biggest floppers in the NBA, you get some and you don't.

I'm not blaming the refs for the outcome of the game, however they need to be more consistent. Miami played a hell of a game and, I'll even admit that bank shot by James was clutch. OKC needs to stop getting off on a slow start. If it wasn't for that 18-2 start OCK would have probably won. Westbrook needs to make better decisions and shoot better.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

I'm not blaming the refs for the outcome of the game, however they need to be more consistent.
    No one would argue that. I think they need 4 refs, one at each corner, that way there is a lot less guessing or at least more consistency. Remember game 1 on fast break layup (don't recall the player) but the called a foul on Chalmers and replay showed he never and I mean NEVER touched the guy., just flew by with his hand up...

Blog Entries

No complaints by me for more consistent refs in all sports. Its the human factor, but with these bigger, faster, stronger athletes its harder and harder on the refs. My problem is when they have direct sight and are inconsistent or playing favorites, which does happen. Most games, like these finals so far, i cant say one team is getting more or better calls than the other, both have had bad calls and missed calls. thats all i can really ask for.
    -JAB

That's what happens when your team is known for being the biggest floppers in the NBA, you get some and you don't.

I'm not blaming the refs for the outcome of the game, however they need to be more consistent. Miami played a hell of a game and, I'll even admit that bank shot by James was clutch. OKC needs to stop getting off on a slow start. If it wasn't for that 18-2 start OCK would have probably won. Westbrook needs to make better decisions and shoot better.
    Most def shoot better but if you look at the stats he only had 2 turnovers. I look at bad shots as turnovers. Even when he got in the paint and was doubled or tripled team he should of kicked the ball out to an open player for a 3 or 20 footer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!