Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

NBA playoffs

I'm not a big basketball fan, but I follow a little bit & thought I'd start a thread with this line from the article at CNNSI:

When ESPN's Doris Burke asked Rondo at halftime what the Celtics were exploiting defensively, the Celtics' point guard answered with plain honesty: "Them complaining and crying to the referees in transition."

Is that not hilarious? Love it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: NBA playoffs

Next to the Steelers, the heat may be my least liked team in pro sports.

I watched the game last night and I could not get over the number of times you saw a physical play and the Heat player would stand their jawing with the Ref instead of getting back on defense.

Total non sequitur ... the NBA must be going nuts that the Spurs and Thunder are in the western conference finals. Two teams from some of the smallest television markets in the country? Stern is not a happy camper.

Yea the Rondo comment was pretty hilarious...and correct, being a Thunder fan im pretty excited right about now. The thing i love about playoff basketball is when you get 2 quality teams you see the adjustments and counters from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Next to the Steelers, the heat may be my least liked team in pro sports.

I watched the game last night and I could not get over the number of times you saw a physical play and the Heat player would stand their jawing with the Ref instead of getting back on defense.

Total non sequitur ... the NBA must be going nuts that the Spurs and Thunder are in the western conference finals. Two teams from some of the smallest television markets in the country? Stern is not a happy camper.
    For stern sake at least the Thunder are an exciting up and coming team. At the same time im not usually a conspiracy theorist but i have seen some pretty questionable...well no that's not correct, blatantly horrendous calls net wins for the Heat in this series and for the Lakers in their series with the Thunder. Heat and Lakers is probably the sexiest matchup and most lucrative for Stern and co.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    For stern sake at least the Thunder are an exciting up and coming team. At the same time im not usually a conspiracy theorist but i have seen some pretty questionable...well no that's not correct, blatantly horrendous calls net wins for the Heat in this series and for the Lakers in their series with the Thunder. Heat and Lakers is probably the sexiest matchup and most lucrative for Stern and co.
    Watching (the 2nd half) of that game last night, those calls went both ways.

The foul Lebron fouled out on was ridiculous. He was grabbed around the waist and pulled on top of Peitrus. That was bad. Pretty much even across the board IMO.

Blog Entries

the problem with the NBA, and NFL for that matter, is the maddening inconsistent calls. Heat might complain about fouls a lot and in doing so get some tick tack calls for them, but they also get outright beat up some times without getting the call. The goal for any ref should be to call the game the same regardless of whos there which apparently is asking way too much. IMO, most of the bad calls end up equaling themselves out with other bad calls either for or against, so as much as i dont like it, i can at least accept it.
    -JAB

I really dislike the Celtics, but they have gotten the worse of the calls in the series. Most of them do even out, but the one not called when Rondo was nailed in OT of game 2 basically game the game to the Heat. Other than that, it is the same old NBA - questionable calls and questionable shot selection.

Blog Entries

I've been watching every game and can't wait until the Finals. But it's pretty hypocritical for anyone on Boston to say that about the Heat, given the game2 loss when they were crying on every media outlet that they weren't getting the calls. I did think they got some home cooking last night but the officiating has not been good at all and it's affected both teams.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Watching (the 2nd half) of that game last night, those calls went both ways.

The foul Lebron fouled out on was ridiculous. He was grabbed around the waist and pulled on top of Peitrus. That was bad. Pretty much even across the board IMO.
    Typical it is, they miss calls both ways and they even out but game two i thought they missed a couple calls late on Wade on offense and on defense that ended up being the difference in the game. The one game the Lakers they won in the series vs. OKC they gave Kobe two calls in the bonus on James Harden but when you watched the replays he literally didnt touch him either time. I dont usually pound the refs too bad but some things are just so over the top bad its hard not to.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    the problem with the NBA, and NFL for that matter, is the maddening inconsistent calls. Heat might complain about fouls a lot and in doing so get some tick tack calls for them, but they also get outright beat up some times without getting the call. The goal for any ref should be to call the game the same regardless of whos there which apparently is asking way too much. IMO, most of the bad calls end up equaling themselves out with other bad calls either for or against, so as much as i dont like it, i can at least accept it.
    The main gripe, their human...calls will get missed but this is what pisses everyone off.

So how do you guys see the rest of each series playing out? and the finals?

Blog Entries

Probably in the minority but I'm hoping for the Heat to win it all. I also hope it's against San Antonio

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!