Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I want the Heat to win, but I am not sure that's going to happen.

I'll reserve my prediction till after I see how much and how well Bosh plays tonight.
    yeah after watching the first two games, we all may have different opinions. To me Wade may be a bigger key for Miami in whether or not he can score. Lebron can't do it alone (again).

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

matchup wise id assume lebron gives Durant some trouble with his strength/speed meaning hell have to rely heavily on jumpers, which he can make. Wade id assume will guard westbrook, which i dont think well go quite as well for him. Bosh should be able to do what Tim Duncan couldnt and draw Perkins out and hit jumpers. Harden will be guarded by Battier and may be a bit of the x factor that determines the outcome. Should be a good series but i have to give the advantage to OKC but just barely. Id be surprised if this series goes less than 6 either way.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    matchup wise id assume lebron gives Durant some trouble with his strength/speed meaning hell have to rely heavily on jumpers, which he can make. Wade id assume will guard westbrook, which i dont think well go quite as well for him. Bosh should be able to do what Tim Duncan couldnt and draw Perkins out and hit jumpers. Harden will be guarded by Battier and may be a bit of the x factor that determines the outcome. Should be a good series but i have to give the advantage to OKC but just barely. Id be surprised if this series goes less than 6 either way.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. To me, I think this whole thing falls on the ability to stop Westbrook. If they Heat can do that I think they'll win it.

Blog Entries

OKC favored by 5 tonight in most places I've seen.

Looking forward to this series starting tonight. My two keys to the entire series is bench play and transition defense. OKC gets the edge in bench play. There are no two better players in transition than Wade and Lebron, If they get out in space forget it. OKC must absolutely play stellar transition defense and limit Miami's fast break opportunities.

Blog Entries
    Got a feeling Heat will take game one and OKC will settle down and take game two

Blog Entries

Never count OKC out at home! Great second half.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

The most startling statistic I learned from last night? Lebron James totaled 18 4th quarters points in last year's NBA finals. Durant scored 17 4th quarter points in his first NBA finals game.
    OKC was just too athletic for Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The most startling statistic I learned from last night? Lebron James totaled 18 4th quarters points in last year's NBA finals. Durant scored 17 4th quarter points in his first NBA finals game.
    OKC was just too athletic for Miami.
    But don't point out that fact here.

A few folks here simply don't believe LeBron disappears in the 4th quarter.

he should up alright in the 4th qtr against boston, over 1/3 his total points in that last game was 4th qtr, netted a couple of great threes aswell...
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

durant scored 17, lebron scored 7, i get that. however that doesnt mean he disappeared, that means he averaged 28-32 points for the game, which hes done the entire playoffs and season. hes consistent, his teammates are not. he took 5 in the first, 7 in the second and 6 in each the last 2, while his points were 4, 10, 9, 7. in other words about as consistent as expected and in no way defined as disappearing. Want to knock him for not scoring 17, ok, but you cant knock him for being inconsistent, which you are by saying his game lessens in the 4th, which just isnt true.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    durant scored 17, lebron scored 7, i get that. however that doesnt mean he disappeared, that means he averaged 28-32 points for the game, which hes done the entire playoffs and season. hes consistent, his teammates are not. he took 5 in the first, 7 in the second and 6 in each the last 2, while his points were 4, 10, 9, 7. in other words about as consistent as expected and in no way defined as disappearing. Want to knock him for not scoring 17, ok, but you cant knock him for being inconsistent, which you are by saying his game lessens in the 4th, which just isnt true.
    :word

Not to mention, the "most startling stat about last nights game" wasn't about last nights game... it was about last seasons finals. Sad this is what the criticism has come to.