Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

There is a difference between better and efficient in this case. Lebron can leave points on the court and still score thirty. However, Kobe does a better job of not leaving points on the court.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I can see that, with the way they changed the rules, being fast and strong to drive to the hoop is more important than anything. Saying hes the best athlete seems to diminish his actual skills which are elite on their own though. I get why people that dont think hes the best say it (if hes not the best in your opinion, your not going to say hes the best athlete and one of the best players), but by not acknowledging his skills and calling him an athlete instead of a player is a knock, even if not intended. Jordan and James dont really compare well, different players, eras, positions. comparing lebron to kobe who most of the detractors point to as the best is a little easier. Kobes been a career 45% FG, while james is 48% and has been over 50% the last 3 years (and getting better each year).with knowing that id even argue hes a better scorer than Kobe, since hes usually in the top 3 in the league with Kobe, but doing it more efficiently. Scoring is the only thing you can point to and realistically say hes better than lebron at, but even in that area id say he isnt.
    I've acknowledged his skills, I've said he is one of the best players in the league.

I still think he could be better though, as a scorer. He has FINALLY developed some low post moves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is a difference between better and efficient in this case. Lebron can leave points on the court and still score thirty. However, Kobe does a better job of not leaving points on the court.
    I dont see how that makes him better if the end result is the same but still at a lower percentage? you could argue his 55% missed is actually leaving more on the court than james 49%. im just not able to understand that. I would really hope he works on FT% more and more because hes leaving at a minimum 2 ppg or so.

If your team needs 50 pts, my money is on Lebron because hell get his 30 and has a better chance of getting 10 assists than Kobe does scoring 50 by himself, which is exactly what hed try to do. I think thats what i have a hard time seeing. If Lebron was as selfish as Kobe hed probably be scoring 35 ppg but hes not that type of player that will do that to the detriment of his team.

I will concede he has a slightly better jumper but the numbers dont really support that. I wouldnt say hes as versatile as James is, which i think is something youd look for when saying "best scorer"

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've acknowledged his skills, I've said he is one of the best players in the league.

I still think he could be better though, as a scorer. He has FINALLY developed some low post moves.
    didnt mean to single you out. I actually had this same conversation with some my friends a few days before this thread that had that opinion. Best athlete but not the best player, and they were saying hes not even the best on his own team, or in other words not acknowledging him as one of the best in the league.

He seems to add something to his game every offseason. He used to be an atrocious 3pt shooter too, but now hes atleast average at 37%. low post is something he needed, with his size and speed theres no reason he cant dominate down there more often. like i said above, for a guy that sees the FT line as much as him he should be more focused on getting that up closer to 90%.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I hope Bosch plays significant time tonight because that releases LeBron for the fast break. Right now he has to work for rebounds more than normal. Should be a good game tonight, I give the Heat the edge but not by much

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

As a Thunder fan i felt like a proud parent last night, doesnt seem like that long ago they were 20 and 62 but boy have these guys grew up. This was a game that last year i dont think they could have won but they've put it all together.

I still put Kobe slightly ahead of Lebron...offensively imo opinion it's not even close, but thats not a slight to Lebron. Kobe has the most complete offensive arsenal in basketball. Defensively i give Lebron an edge because of the versatility but when i've seen both have to lock down and take on defensive challenges i've seen Kobe fair better. Kobe however doesnt know how to defer to teamates and if anybody saw Game 5 of the Thunder series Kobe came in with the attitude he was gonna beat the Thunder by himself, 33 shots, 0 asts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    As a Thunder fan i felt like a proud parent last night, doesnt seem like that long ago they were 20 and 62 but boy have these guys grew up. This was a game that last year i dont think they could have won but they've put it all together.
    Yeah me too. Harden is stone cold, when he made that 3 you knew it was over. Not too many people before this year knew he could shoot, or play like that for that matter. "They gonna learn today!"
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Great game tonight so far but the officiating still sucks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great game tonight so far but the officiating still sucks
    It sucks all around, it's not favoring any sides. Not that it makes it ok, it just makes it less bad..

Great 4th quarter...still hope whoever wins this series gets throttled by the West (can't stand Boston/Big 3)

Blog Entries

Heat need to work on their defense, they've had several lapses. Boston's D has been pretty good and they switch between zone and man pretty frequently

Flopping continues during these playoffs ! (face palm)

Still amazed watching KG, Pierce, and Allen play at this level against the younger Heat guys.