Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA playoffs

Blog Entries

Re: NBA playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesNBirds View Post
    Flopping continues during these playoffs ! (face palm)

Still amazed watching KG, Pierce, and Allen play at this level against the younger Heat guys.
    that flop could cost the Heat the game but ultimately Boston is just hitting their shots and the Heat seem too relaxed on D. You'd think they'd be amped

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    that flop could cost the Heat the game but ultimately Boston is just hitting their shots and the Heat seem too relaxed on D. You'd think they'd be amped
    Yeah, Boston with a much older roster is completely out-hustling Miami (except Wade.) Maybe fighting through all those screens they run for Rondo has worn the Heat down...plus they have a really weak bench.

Blog Entries

I'll give the Celtics credit. They played hard, intense and focused and have a huge advantage now. If the Heat ultimatley lose this series I wonder if they'll blow things up. Outside of Lebron's 30 and Wade's 27 they didn't have much help including the pathetic coaching.

It shows when you have all of your salary cap tied up in just 3 players, the lack of bench/role players is magnified in the playoffs. Miami has to run Wade and Lebron ragged because they literally have no one else to play. How they come out in Game 6 will say a lot!

Blog Entries

I'll give the Celtics credit. They played hard, intense and focused and have a huge advantage now. If the Heat ultimatley lose this series I wonder if they'll blow things up. Outside of Lebron's 30 and Wade's 27 they didn't have much help including the pathetic coaching.
    That's it...their coach sucks. They won't win a championship with him calling the shots. Boston's energy was crazy and KG was as clutch as you can get.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    KG was as clutch as you can get.
    I never was a KG fan, but that guy brought it last night.

The Celtics poise and experience really showed last night. Kevin Garnett gets my vote for MVP, 36 years old and still kicking ass. For whatever reason Spoelstra's Xs and Os planning late in games really gets exposed. Wade and Lebron are starting to crack under the heavy burden they've had to shoulder for the entire series.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The Celtics poise and experience really showed last night. Kevin Garnett gets my vote for MVP, 36 years old and still kicking ass. For whatever reason Spoelstra's Xs and Os planning late in games really gets exposed. Wade and Lebron are starting to crack under the heavy burden they've had to shoulder for the entire series.
    because Doc Rivers is probably the best coach outside Popovich in the NBA. I really think its more about the coaching than players, Doc is getting everything he can out of a team thats older and a little less talented/athletic than the Heat, who arent getting as much as they should from their coach, which is proving to make the teams very equal, with the advantage of experience/mental toughness going to the Celtics and being the deciding factor.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    because Doc Rivers is probably the best coach outside Popovich in the NBA. I really think its more about the coaching than players, Doc is getting everything he can out of a team thats older and a little less talented/athletic than the Heat, who arent getting as much as they should from their coach, which is proving to make the teams very equal, with the advantage of experience/mental toughness going to the Celtics and being the deciding factor.
    The way he kept switching between zone and man D had the Heat off balance all night.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    You're right. Doc Rivers is a heck of a coach. I remember there was a talk during the season of blowing this team up. Spoelstra is definately getting outcoached.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You're right. Doc Rivers is a heck of a coach. I remember there was a talk during the season of blowing this team up. Spoelstra is definately getting outcoached.
    There was a report that they nearly did so before the all star break, heard Ray Allen was headed to Memphis but the deal fell thru. One game away from a 3rd Finals appearance im sure they are glad they didnt.

The way he kept switching between zone and man D had the Heat off balance all night.
    There were stretches where i thought the Heat moved the ball very well and Boston was just in their faces after every pass, it was very impressive.