Blog Entries

Greg Cossell on the AFC North draft

I know a lot of people are fans of Greg Cossell on this board, and IMO is one of the best NFL analyst gurus out there. For anyone who hasn't listened to his draft podcast which reviews the AFCN draft and is interested, here it is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...162304494.html

EDIT: New link.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 06-02-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Fixed the link.

Blog Entries

Re: Greg Cossell on the AFC North draft

Love Greg Cosell but unfortunately that link doesn't work

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Love Greg Cosell but unfortunately that link doesn't work
    Sorry about that, I sent a direct link to the download which obviously wont work. Scroll down to the bottom of the article for the link. I provided the new link.

Blog Entries

Another fantastic article to read is here.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/05/30/c...-hes-a-winner/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Another fantastic article to read is here.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/05/30/c...-hes-a-winner/
    Lee evans makes that catch a lot of haters become fans. Those that blame him start seeing the pinpoint passes hes making that wrs arent grabbing. Until he does well still have to deal with the nonsensical "get rid of flacco" crowd.
    -JAB

i'm amazed at the negatism towards flacco by ravens fans. the guy has thrown last minute passes for victories in pittsburg the last two yea'rs. the article descibes the last drive very well. if evans catches the ball its "the drive" that challenges elways "the drive".

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i'm amazed at the negatism towards flacco by ravens fans. the guy has thrown last minute passes for victories in pittsburg the last two yea'rs. the article descibes the last drive very well. if evans catches the ball its "the drive" that challenges elways "the drive".
    Yes, agreed.
    Flacco has had other potentially winning drives that ended due to drops or missed field goals over all 4 years here, some during the season, some during the playoffs. The Evans non-touchdown was just the latest.
    He doesn't have receivers making catches with their head or with two players on their backs and keeping their feet inbounds.
    He does have receivers letting the ball bounce off their facemask or through their hands or off their chest.

Flacco inspite of the flaws he has, has played well enough to win a couple rings.
    The Ravens have been healthy enough to do it as well.
    And they have had some luck, too.
    But if the balls that should have been caught were simply caught (the ones right in their hands), Flacco would indeed be looked at very differently.
    And yes, every team has dropped passes, but as Raven fans we know many of them were game deciding drives, year after year for Joe.

Blog Entries

Que up 6 pages of why Flacco is overrated or needs to go....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Que up 6 pages of why Flacco is overrated or needs to go....
    I don't that many haters. If anything it would be 6 pages of posters defending Flacco over the comments of 1 or 2 guys who don't like him.

Yesterday I heard a conversation on SiriusXM NFL Radio between Zig Fracassi and Keith Bullocks about Flacco. Zig asked if Flacco really was the guy for the Ravens for the long term. Bullocks came out swinging and listed about 5 reasons why he thinks Flacco is on the cusp of being a good NFL QB. That's how it seems for all of Flacco's supporters. They feel they have to defend him all the time. By the way I loved everything Bullocks said and am glad to see a former player with no ties at all to the Ravens feel that strongly about our quarterback.

Blog Entries

I don't that many haters. If anything it would be 6 pages of posters defending Flacco over the comments of 1 or 2 guys who don't like him.
    Exactly

Blog Entries

Yesterday I heard a conversation on SiriusXM NFL Radio between Zig Fracassi and Keith Bullocks about Flacco. Zig asked if Flacco really was the guy for the Ravens for the long term. Bullocks came out swinging and listed about 5 reasons why he thinks Flacco is on the cusp of being a good NFL QB. That's how it seems for all of Flacco's supporters. They feel they have to defend him all the time. By the way I loved everything Bullocks said and am glad to see a former player with no ties at all to the Ravens feel that strongly about our quarterback.
    Well, Bullock should know, because Flacco led a game winning drive against them in his rookie year, that knocked them out of the playoffs. The last image of Bullock that I saw was on him throwing down a guard rail while going back through the tunnel, in anger.

By the way, what did Bullock say?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore