It was a long shot that the Ravens were going to trade for Osi anyway but now these rumors should be officially dead. I'm very curious to see the details because they say it's not an extension but somehow Osi is very happy with it. Jerry Reese is a miracle worker.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...330/-1/SITEMAP

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — The Super Bowl-champion Giants and two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora have ended their feud.

The Giants announced late Friday afternoon that they signed Umenyiora to a restructured contract, ending a contract dispute that had put the defensive end at odds with general manager Jerry Reese. Terms of the deal were not immediately available.

Umenyiora was entering the final season of a seven-year contract that would have paid him $4.7 million this season.

"I'm just happy, I'm happy all that's over with," Umenyiora said. "It's time to get back to work. It was definitely frustrating (not being on the field this spring), but hearing some of the things they said, whether it was Kiwanuka or (Justin) Tuck or (Jason Pierre-Paul) or Antrel (Rolle), hearing the way they supported me, it made me want to come back even more and be around them.

"Those guys really stepped up for me. I really appreciate it and I'm happy to be here with them."

Umenyiora said the new deal, which is not an extension, gives him peace of mind.
"It really was affecting me in a bad way, because I didn't like all the negativity that was surrounding the whole situation," he said. "I couldn't stand it, because if you know me, you know I'm not that type of person. I'm just happy all that is over with, and I'll be there. I'll play out this contract, I'll play this year and I'll play my heart out."