Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OLB: Adding Injury to more Injury...McAdoo

Per Aaron Wilson, McAdoo tore his achilles this week, putting him out for the year.

W
    T
    F

First Suggs, now McAdoo...Granted, he'd never played a snap in the NFL, period. But he was expected to be in the mix for some situational snaps and at least backup Kruger or Upshaw. Now, I don't even know who we have to backup other than Kindle. Prescott Burgess time?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: OLB: Adding Injury to more Injury...McAdoo

Not to say you're wrong but do you have a link, the Ravens just put an article up about Mcadoo this evening talking about the progress he has made?
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

“@RavensInsider: Ravens outside linebacker-defensive end Michael McAdoo tore his Achilles tendon Thursday and had surgery today, according to sources”
    “@RavensInsider: With Michael McAdoo having a torn Achilles tendon, given the timing, it's expected to be a season-ending injury, per sources.”
    https://twitter.com/#!/ravensinsider

link as requested

The tweets only went up about 5 minutes ago, breaking news

Blog Entries

If it were anyone other than Aaron, I would've searched out a link. When Aaron posts stuff, I know it's 100% true.

But thanks for the link, Irish.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If it were anyone other than Aaron, I would've searched out a link. When Aaron posts stuff, I know it's 100% true.

But thanks for the link, Irish.
    No I just found it very weird the Ravens.com would put up an article tonight about him with that being the case?? I guess if anyone else was going to go down he does not hurt the team!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Forgot about McClellan...still, would like to see us bring in some sort of pass rush vet from the scrap heap. At least just someone to step up in case Kruger or Upshaw go down. Kindle being first guy in is a bit scary, since he's only had one NFL game on D.

Blog Entries

Poor guy..!!!

Hope this doesnt turn out to be one of those injury bug years. We might be do.

Tough blow for him.

I didn't see him having significant playing time anyway.

Blog Entries

Could be the end of the road for him. This will be his 3rd straight year out of football.

As disappointing as this is for a lot of fans (and for McAdoo), the fact is that he isn't a cog in the machine, so to speak. Sure, there may have been high hopes and a "gee, I hope this guy is for real" attitude among fans, but the fact remains that he went undrafted and hadn't done anything in the NFL and perhaps never would have.

This is a huge buzz kill. I feel real bad for McAdoo who was going to have a great oppurtunity to prove his worth. I don't think it's the end of the road for him considering it does give him another year to work out, but he will also rehab. Hope for a speedy recovery, mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    This is a huge buzz kill. I feel real bad for McAdoo who was going to have a great oppurtunity to prove his worth. I don't think it's the end of the road for him considering it does give him another year to work out, but he will also rehab. Hope for a speedy recovery, mentally and physically.
    Yea I to feel bad for the kid. It was a good opportunity with Suggs being out to show what he can do. I would expect that the Ravens will add a veteran once those cuts come to compliment Upshaw, Kruger, Kindle, McClellan etc....until Suggs gets back. Sucks for all parties but fixable ....better now than week 3 of the season
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis