Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Sergio: "I've got the playbook down now."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...book_Down.aspx

Hopefully this is the case. It would be great to have him pan out as a contributing pass rusher.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Sergio: "I've got the playbook down now."

If he's for real, this would really help us. If Sergio really impresses in the pre season, it would not surprise me if he starts ahead of either Kruger or Upshaw in 2012, he is definitely the more athletically gifted player, and probably our best pass rusher behind Suggs. Either way he could end up playing an Osi type role for us long term. It could give us an interesting option next offseason on whether we should resign kruger or not. Or he could just not pan out at all and fall into obscurity again.

Blog Entries

Shade the 3 gap and rush the ball. That can't be too difficult ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

How good would it be to have this Sergio?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How good would it be to have this Sergio?
    I hate to be the debbie downer, but I have already gotten past the whole Sergio situation. I would love it for him to come back even close to his old form, but I just don't see it happening. Especially with the NFL's new concussion policy and it's media awareness being as high as it is, it really kills his chances.

Blog Entries

Sure hope he's as good to go as it sounds...

McAdoo tore his Achilles today. He was going to be competing with Upshaw, Kruger, and Kindle for the OLB snaps. McAdoo was likely 4th in line anyway, but his loss really puts some pressure on Kindle to produce.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I hate to be the debbie downer, but I have already gotten past the whole Sergio situation. I would love it for him to come back even close to his old form, but I just don't see it happening. Especially with the NFL's new concussion policy and it's media awareness being as high as it is, it really kills his chances.
    If the doctors thought Concussions was an issue I would think the Doctors would not had cleared him to play or Godell would of stepped in if that's possible. My personal believe is that one of the main reasons he sat last year was so he could heal more (getting over the fear of hitting) and it was no rush since he had better players in front of him. I mean why rush him back when JJ and kruger was in front of him on the depth charts. I am wIshing him the best of luck and I hope he finds more playing time this year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    If the doctors thought Concussions was an issue I would think the Doctors would not had cleared him to play or Godell would of stepped in if that's possible. My personal believe is that one of the main reasons he sat last year was so he could heal more (getting over the fear of hitting) and it was no rush since he had better players in front of him. I mean why rush him back when JJ and kruger was in front of him on the depth charts. I am wIshing him the best of luck and I hope he finds more playing time this year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    More importantly if the Ravens believed he could not play I doubt they would have given him the 456k they signed him for this year. They have the perfect reason for him not panning out (the skull injury) they could easily have cut bait and let him go if they did not think he could not only contribute but contribute at a significant level. He was not under contract after the season finish (restricted though) I think last season was the equivalent of when someone gets hurt and they return to work on "light duty". Last year was in reality his rookie season. Considering who started in front of him (JJ, Suggs, Kruger) I think his reps would have been limited and the focus would have been on him learning the defense even if he were 100% healthy last year (though I will grant that health was a factor in his playing time). I just have a feeling that the team would not be bothering with this guy when they dont really have to if it were not for the fact he can flat out play.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

If Sergio really impresses in the pre season, it would not surprise me if he starts ahead of either Kruger or Upshaw in 2012
    Anything is possible .... I'll give that one about a 1% probability of happening.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Anything is possible .... I'll give that one about a 1% probability of happening.
    Agreed.

I really think people should temper their expectations on Kindle.

Blog Entries

If he's for real, this would really help us. If Sergio really impresses in the pre season, it would not surprise me if he starts ahead of either Kruger or Upshaw in 2012, he is definitely the more athletically gifted player, and probably our best pass rusher behind Suggs. Either way he could end up playing an Osi type role for us long term. It could give us an interesting option next offseason on whether we should resign kruger or not. Or he could just not pan out at all and fall into obscurity again.
    I'd be stunned if Kindle beats out either of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'd be stunned if Kindle makes the team
    Fixed that for ya.