Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: LaQuan Williams and Nigel Carr looking good at camp (for what it's worth)

I hope LaQuan sticks around. That kid always seems to work very hard. His attitude is also supposedly great. He's the kind of guy you want to succeed with this team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I hope LaQuan sticks around. That kid always seems to work very hard. His attitude is also supposedly great. He's the kind of guy you want to succeed with this team.
    I agree.

I think the competition is good for him though. It's only going to make him better as a player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree.

I think the competition is good for him though. It's only going to make him better as a player.
    But can he run end-arounds?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    But can he run end-arounds?
    That's why they drafted Courtney Upshaw.

LaQuan was looking good last year, even got on the field for a few downs......glad to hear that he is seemingly progressing. I still think they bring in a vet LB......losing Suggs would be enough, but losing JJ and Suggs, nope.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    LaQuan was looking good last year, even got on the field for a few downs......glad to hear that he is seemingly progressing. I still think they bring in a vet LB......losing Suggs would be enough, but losing JJ and Suggs, nope.
    If there is no one available and they don't have the cap room, then it may not be an option. Kruger was slated to start anyway and they obviously see Courtney Upshaw as someone who can potentially start.

I wouldn't be surprised if they carried 6 receivers this year at all. LaQuan is a good ST's player as well. So, if the potential is there for a WR and he's a good ST'er...win/win.

Boldin, Torrey, Jacoby, Tandon, LaQuan, Streeter.

Reed to IR.
    Exactly how i see it going

Well, I'm still at five, with Streeter getting parked on the mystery IR or the practice squad. I know that a few heads explode every time I say this, and that I will once again get told I'm crazy to think that the Ravens can sneak him onto the practice squad without another team immediately placing such a valuable player on their 53-man. But I'll stick with my prediction. If LaQuann plays well, and I continue to believe he will, then you have to say that Streeter is the sixth man within the receiving corps. And if you are the sixth receiver on an NFL roster, you damn well better be a big contributor on special teams. And I just don't see Streeter being that guy. This also causes a few heads to explode, because I have no basis to characterize him this way, except that he didn't do it in college. But, hey, we're all just going off hunches, right?

When it comes to tallying the number of players they carry at a position stretching out that number is almost always going to come down to special teams. They stay lean on the offensive line, for instance, because those guys don't contribute. They give the last spots to guys who can play multiple positions on the line. Doing multiple things -- like special teams on top of a positional contribution -- is what you look for when you're rounding out the final spots of the roster. To me, Streeter is the very definition of a uni-dimensional player. A guy who, for now at least, is just a red zone jump ball guy. Randy Hymes and Clarence Moore redux.

The kind of guys who get those final spots are guys like Nigel Carr as a matter of fact. It's why so many of the UDFA's who made the roster in the team's past are LBs...because they can play special teams for a few years before they work their way into the defensive rotation.

Defensive backs are another prime example. Harbaugh has always said you can't get enough of them. They've carried a lot in the past. And there are a bunch who can project as special team contributors.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-01-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: LaQuan Williams and Nigel Carr looking good at camp (for what it's worth)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yeah, he was kicked off the FSU team after he broke into two different cars in the summer of 2010.
    The ironic thing is that if you look up what the FSU website said about him just prior to the incident, it says...
    Hmmm, I think the ironic thing is that he broke into two automobiles and his name is CARR ... Bc

LOL

Blog Entries

If there is no one available and they don't have the cap room, then it may not be an option. Kruger was slated to start anyway and they obviously see Courtney Upshaw as someone who can potentially start.
    I don't believe that for a second. I could've seen Upshaw starting with Kruger as the 3rd down pass rusher.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I don't believe that for a second. I could've seen Upshaw starting with Kruger as the 3rd down pass rusher.
    Harbaugh always favours the more experienced guy, no matter who it is.