Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Kruger was number one on the depth chart going into the offseason to take JJ's spot. So he was always likely to be a starter this season unless Upshaw absolutely massively outplayed him.

Ironically, Suggs' injury may have been the best thing for Paul's career as now he will get to play the much more glamorous rush LB spot, which frankly suits his talents better. And Upshaw can slide into JJ's spot (which suits his talents to a tee.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: LaQuan Williams and Nigel Carr looking good at camp (for what it's worth)

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Kruger was number one on the depth chart going into the offseason to take JJ's spot. So he was always likely to be a starter this season unless Upshaw absolutely massively outplayed him.

Ironically, Suggs' injury may have been the best thing for Paul's career as now he will get to play the much more glamorous rush LB spot, which frankly suits his talents better. And Upshaw can slide into JJ's spot (which suits his talents to a tee.)
    Exactly. This is Kruger's perfect chance to prove his worth. Let's see if he can earn himself a big payday.

Re: LaQuan Williams and Nigel Carr looking good at camp (for what it's worth)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they carried 6 receivers this year at all. LaQuan is a good ST's player as well. So, if the potential is there for a WR and he's a good ST'er...win/win.

Boldin, Torrey, Jacoby, Tandon, LaQuan, Streeter.

Reed to IR.
    Barring injury I agree that they will go with the six. I love LaQuan on ST, think he was one of the few ST guys I was impressed with last year. I think LaQuan makes this team primarily as a ST guy who can also happen to run out there and play WR if needed. If he shows better route running and some better hands then he could end up contributing more as WR than expected but LaQuan will earn his opportunity to show that as a ST guy
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis