Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Players refuse to end Pro Bowl, so it will be played in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Back in Hawaii where it belongs, and after the Super Bowl.
    Except it's not . . .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ore-super-bowl

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Wow really? Now that is just stooooopid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In sales you try your best to make President's Club every year. So along with the $ you get for making your number, the company foots a sweet trip for you and your spouse/family and everything is top notch.

This is the same kind of thing. But since there is a game played, I think they better at least attempt to make plays or no one will watch. I'm not sure who watches it now...
    But having said that, how do you explain that it was the most watched of all the All Star games and was a ratings success? People can't get enough of the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    But having said that, how do you explain that it was the most watched of all the All Star games and was a ratings success? People can't get enough of the NFL.
    That is very true. Sunday Night Football just overtook American Idol as the highest rated television show in America. I think we die hards hate the Pro Bowl, I don't think I've seen it in 20 years, but the casual fan is going to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    And I still won't watch it. Sorry, NFL players get enough free rides in life. I don't need to see them and their entire families enjoy Hawaii and then dog it on the field.
    +1 Captain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    I think it's the 'celebrity' affect that has people watching it. not sure. But no doubt it's being watched, just not by me :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    But it is an important tradition and an essential part of what makes the NFL the greatest professional sports league in the world!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    And I still won't watch it. Sorry, NFL players get enough free rides in life. I don't need to see them and their entire families enjoy Hawaii and then dog it on the field.
    Please, tell me these "free rides" they receive in life? They dont get health care after retirement, they suffer the worst injuries out of any professional sports industry and they also have the lowest salaries out of nearly every professional sports league in the country...when the NFL is the largest professional sports league in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Please, tell me these "free rides" they receive in life? They dont get health care after retirement, they suffer the worst injuries out of any professional sports industry and they also have the lowest salaries out of nearly every professional sports league in the country...when the NFL is the largest professional sports league in the country.
    I hear ya but Silvers point remains valid free ride or no free ride. Honestly, I really don't need to watch a bunch of rich athletes yucking it up in paradise and playing halfassed football. Right now the winners get 40k the losers get 20k each. If you wanna make it interesting then get some company to pony up say an additional 25 million to plaster their name everywhere and let it be winner take all for that 25million.....betcha get some hitting going on then :)

Yea I know it will never happen but how fun would a Pro Bowl be to watch were the players played like it meant something :)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think it's the 'celebrity' affect that has people watching it. not sure. But no doubt it's being watched, just not by me :)
    If the NFL Network aired NFL Players playing Croquet or Backgammon, there would be a fair number of idiots who would watch it just because of that "celebrity" effect. I am also of the belief that at least 80% of them live in Pittsburgh :)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis