Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

Please forgive the Off Topic discussion, but as a Loyola Lax alum--very proud of Coach Toomey and his Loyola Greyhounds. It will seem very unusual rooting against the Terps-- but I am very much looking forward to it. Go Hounds----Schock the (lacrosse) World.

Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

Going to be a great day for Maryland Lacrosse, and while I'll be rooting for my Terps, a part of me would really love to see Loyola win a much-deserved championship. It's a win-win for us fans.

Still can't believe Tillman lost close to 20 seniors from last season and was able to get back to the championship game. I'll be majorly bummed if MD loses again, but I'd be really happy for Loyola. 2 Maryland schools (and Under Armour schools) in the championship is awesome, just wish the game was being played in the region...so much easier when it was held in Bmore/Philly.

Blog Entries

Congrats to both teams; I think ESPN is going to air the game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Gotta root for my alma mater, but I'll be happy either way. Go Hounds!!!

It really doesn't make sense to play this game in Mass. Basically no one up there plays LAX. there isn't any youth system to speak of, or even many HS's that offer it. It really is the most regional sport I can think of, with basically MD and NJ being the only hotbeds of the sport. Holding the championship in Massachusets would be like having a hockey championship in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesNBirds View Post
    Still can't believe Tillman lost close to 20 seniors from last season and was able to get back to the championship game. I'll be majorly bummed if MD loses again, but I'd be really happy for Loyola. 2 Maryland schools (and Under Armour schools) in the championship is awesome, just wish the game was being played in the region...so much easier when it was held in Bmore/Philly.
    I believe Md wasn't ranked at all starting the tournament. They were thye underdog and have taken care of business so far. Congrats to both teams, but only one takes the title home.

I am not a Lacrosse guy but this is a great story. I am a Md. Fan in every sport but Loyola winning the title would be great for the school.
    I am usually a channel surfer when it comes to lacrosse, but will watch tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Very classy of Charley to remember Father Sellinger and Father Ridley today. Congrats to all the Greyhounds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It really doesn't make sense to play this game in Mass. Basically no one up there plays LAX. there isn't any youth system to speak of, or even many HS's that offer it. It really is the most regional sport I can think of, with basically MD and NJ being the only hotbeds of the sport. Holding the championship in Massachusets would be like having a hockey championship in Florida.
    Huh?

Take a look at the final four rosters and there are a ton of players from New England.

UMass and BC have two very respectable programs and the New England Lacrosse Classic is very popular.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh?

Take a look at the final four rosters and there are a ton of players from New England.

UMass and BC have two very respectable programs and the New England Lacrosse Classic is very popular.
    Yep, there are lots of kids from Mass and Conn on those rosters. Also, I think Long Island and Upstate New York are hotter lacrosse hot beds than New Jersey. Tons of kids from Pa too. I have no issue at all with it being held in Mass. They can't have it in Maryland every year.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    You must not follow lacrosse very closely if you think this is true.