Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14
  1. #1

    OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.



    Please forgive the Off Topic discussion, but as a Loyola Lax alum--very proud of Coach Toomey and his Loyola Greyhounds. It will seem very unusual rooting against the Terps-- but I am very much looking forward to it. Go Hounds----Schock the (lacrosse) World.




  2. #2

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Going to be a great day for Maryland Lacrosse, and while I'll be rooting for my Terps, a part of me would really love to see Loyola win a much-deserved championship. It's a win-win for us fans.




  3. #3

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Still can't believe Tillman lost close to 20 seniors from last season and was able to get back to the championship game. I'll be majorly bummed if MD loses again, but I'd be really happy for Loyola. 2 Maryland schools (and Under Armour schools) in the championship is awesome, just wish the game was being played in the region...so much easier when it was held in Bmore/Philly.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,312
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Congrats to both teams; I think ESPN is going to air the game.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Gotta root for my alma mater, but I'll be happy either way. Go Hounds!!!




  6. #6

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    It really doesn't make sense to play this game in Mass. Basically no one up there plays LAX. there isn't any youth system to speak of, or even many HS's that offer it. It really is the most regional sport I can think of, with basically MD and NJ being the only hotbeds of the sport. Holding the championship in Massachusets would be like having a hockey championship in Florida.




  7. #7

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesNBirds View Post
    Still can't believe Tillman lost close to 20 seniors from last season and was able to get back to the championship game. I'll be majorly bummed if MD loses again, but I'd be really happy for Loyola. 2 Maryland schools (and Under Armour schools) in the championship is awesome, just wish the game was being played in the region...so much easier when it was held in Bmore/Philly.
    I believe Md wasn't ranked at all starting the tournament. They were thye underdog and have taken care of business so far. Congrats to both teams, but only one takes the title home.




  8. #8

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    I am not a Lacrosse guy but this is a great story. I am a Md. Fan in every sport but Loyola winning the title would be great for the school.
    I am usually a channel surfer when it comes to lacrosse, but will watch tomorrow.




  9. #9

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Very classy of Charley to remember Father Sellinger and Father Ridley today. Congrats to all the Greyhounds out there.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,261
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It really doesn't make sense to play this game in Mass. Basically no one up there plays LAX. there isn't any youth system to speak of, or even many HS's that offer it. It really is the most regional sport I can think of, with basically MD and NJ being the only hotbeds of the sport. Holding the championship in Massachusets would be like having a hockey championship in Florida.
    Huh?

    Take a look at the final four rosters and there are a ton of players from New England.

    UMass and BC have two very respectable programs and the New England Lacrosse Classic is very popular.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Baltimore
    Posts
    1,580
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh?

    Take a look at the final four rosters and there are a ton of players from New England.

    UMass and BC have two very respectable programs and the New England Lacrosse Classic is very popular.
    Yep, there are lots of kids from Mass and Conn on those rosters. Also, I think Long Island and Upstate New York are hotter lacrosse hot beds than New Jersey. Tons of kids from Pa too. I have no issue at all with it being held in Mass. They can't have it in Maryland every year.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It really doesn't make sense to play this game in Mass. Basically no one up there plays LAX. there isn't any youth system to speak of, or even many HS's that offer it. It really is the most regional sport I can think of, with basically MD and NJ being the only hotbeds of the sport. Holding the championship in Massachusets would be like having a hockey championship in Florida.
    You must not follow lacrosse very closely if you think this is true.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland