Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who's set to break out next year?

I'm really excited about last year's draft class. Torrey, Jimmy, and McPhee I think will escalate their game to the next level with an actual off-season this year.

ProFootballFocus seems to think McPhee will break out onto the scene:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...timore-ravens/

Any of your guys' thoughts? Who'll have a great year? Kruger? Pitta? McClellan? I can't wait to see who steps it up.

Blog Entries

Re: Who's set to break out next year?

I agree with McPhee. He wrecked the havoc that he did splitting time with two other guys (Jones and Redding). Now he's only got Jones to split reps with.

Dennis Pitta will cement his place as a fan favourite

5 regular season TD's, plenty of crucial 3rd down catches and then one TD in every playoff game

Hands of gold!

Going to be my next jersey

Blog Entries

Ed Dickson.

Blog Entries

I think one of the TE's will break out.

If Dickson can fix the inconsistency with his hands then I could see him getting upwards of 900 yards or so. Other than Derrick Mason, the only other player to ever ecclipse 1000 yards in Cam's offense was Antonio Gates.

I don't know if you'd call it a break out or not, but I could see Anthony Allen really picking up the slack as the #2 back on this team. He's already shown some good things and according to the OTA impressions so far, he's got a major step on Bernard Pierce and Damien Berry.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco

unfortunately Cam is still here so that's not happening.

Last time we did this I posted McPhee and I'm sticking with that pick. McPhee has got IT. He has all the natural instincts to be a good pass rusher at this level. I can see him breaking into the double digits for sack numbers this year.

Yea I don't get the Dickson hate from some folks. Obviously he needs to be more consistent but he was dynamic and a VERY good third down target last year.

Athletically he's not in Vernon Davis' or Gronkowski's class but he's among the league elite from a measurables standpoint. I think he and Pitta will be exceptional for us next year.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?i12cp1
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea I don't get the Dickson hate from some folks. Obviously he needs to be more consistent but he was dynamic and a VERY good third down target last year.

Athletically he's not in Vernon Davis' or Gronkowski's class but he's among the league elite from a measurables standpoint. I think he and Pitta will be exceptional for us next year.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?i12cp1
    True, and don't forget Dickson in the Seattle game. Had we gone on to win that, I think people would have been higher on Dickson with that performance.

First, I agree, not sure why all the Dickson hate. For his first year as a starter he did fine. The drops at the end, need to be corrected but the man made a lot of plays last year.

The breakout guys.

My first is the same everyone is picking....Jimmy Smith

Others
    Offense....Jacoby Jones and Osmele
    Defense......Sergio Kindle or Courtney Upshaw... and a long shot....not that Kindle is not....McAdoo.

Someone is going to emerge and help to fill the void of Suggs.

For the folks picking McPhee as a breakout player, what are you hoping for specifically?

He's the Ravens most valuable pass rusher already. Anything there will probably be a step back from a terrific rookie season.

To breakout, I think he'd have to become an every down player who can play the run effectively.

Guys who have a chance to take their game to a significantly higher level include all of the rookies, Smith, Dickson, Anthony Allen, Cody, McAdoo, and perhaps Kindle. Of those, I'd say Upshaw, Smith, and Dickson are the best hopes.

Blog Entries

Flacco
    Pitta
    Torrey
    Webb

I think all 4 of those guys will make the pro bowl for the 1st time this year

I'll go with Torrey Smith, even though it's the fairly obvious pick and he's arguably already broken out. With his ability and work ethic I see him becoming a more complete receiver, maybe putting up Roddy White type numbers.

For an under the radar guy I'll go with Albert McClellan. Jameel McClain, Ayanbadejo and Dannell Ellerbee are all fairly underwhelming so I feel like there's room for someone to stand out. We desperately need a LB that can play in coverage.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk