Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

This is what Ryan Mink said in the Ravens live chat that they do on the official website.

"Ryan Mink: A Ravens player will be revealed on NFL Network’s The Top 100: Players of 2012 Wednesday, May 30 at 8:00 p.m. The Raven revealed plays on offense, is ranked between #50-41 and was on the list last year."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...Chat_Live.aspx

The only players left on the list who made it last year where Ray Rice and Vonta Leach (correct me if I'm wrong). So my guess would be Leach, as I would have thought that Rice would be a little higher than 50-41.

Blog Entries

Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is what Ryan Mink said in the Ravens live chat that they do on the official website.

"Ryan Mink: A Ravens player will be revealed on NFL Network’s The Top 100: Players of 2012 Wednesday, May 30 at 8:00 p.m. The Raven revealed plays on offense, is ranked between #50-41 and was on the list last year."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...Chat_Live.aspx

The only players left on the list who made it last year where Ray Rice and Vonta Leach (correct me if I'm wrong). So my guess would be Leach, as I would have thought that Rice would be a little higher than 50-41.
    I dont think Leach is on the list this year, I think that probably lowers it down...
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I dont think Leach is on the list this year, I think that probably lowers it down...
    Who else then? Because he was on it last year. And no one else was on it apart from Rice, and he will likely be at around 20-30.

Btw he was #65 last season, do you really think he's going to completely drop out of the top 100? He got better in a ravens uniform if anything.

Could be either.

Leach had a break out season, so I can see him moving up to this area, given the season he had last year.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 05-29-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Bad stats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Could be either.

Rice didn't have a stellar season as he had in2011 so I can see him falling out of favor with the players and moving back on the list.

Leach had a break out season, so I can see him moving up to this area, given the season he had last year.
    Huh? The 2012 season hasn't happened yet or am I going crazy lol?

Blog Entries

Who else then? Because he was on it last year. And no one else was on it apart from Rice, and he will likely be at around 20-30.

Btw he was #65 last season, do you really think he's going to completely drop out of the top 100? He got better in a ravens uniform if anything.
    I think its Rice. I think he didnt have as good of a year in the players eyes. He didnt have a lot of spectacular plays or have a lot of extreme efforts plays (broken tackles, etc). I think that resonates with the players and he fell back.

Didnt they say there is 7 ravens? Lewis, Ngata, Suggs, Rice, Flacco, Reed, Webb. I dont think theres much argument that Webb didnt have a better season than Leach, not to Leach's fault either. He wasnt used as often as i would have though and Rice didnt follow him as much as he should have, resulting in bad plays for Rice and unused blocks for leach.
    -JAB

Bad stats on my part. Edited.

Blog Entries

Did you actually watch 2011? The two Bengals games? The Browns game? The week 1 Steelers games? Rice made plays all year, and Leach had a huge impact. It was Rice's best season IMO.

Leach is also very respected among the players in the NFL. You can bet any money that Patrick Willis will be wanting him here after being laid out by Leach, also Leach went to the pro bowl again this year so the players will know him well. There are 7 players on the list this year, and one has already been named on it. Rice will probably go between 20-30. Suggs, Ngata, Lewis, and Reed are obviously on the list. So that leaves us with Leach, Yanda, or Webb, and I don't think the players know Webb or Yanda that much right now.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 05-29-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Did you actually watch 2011? The two Bengals games? The Browns game? The week 1 Steelers games? Rice made plays all year, and Leach had a huge impact. It was Rice's best season IMO.
    again, didnt say he had a bad year, or even a bad statistical year. Making huge plays, flashy plays, huge effort plays resonate with players it seems more so than just stats or workman like numbers. Michael Vick running around and making guys miss, or Cam Newton doing the same, or Marshawn Lynch breaking 6 tackles on the way to the endzone, those are the types of things that players recognize and remember when they ask them to rank these guys 4 months after the season is over. Its not a knock on Rice at all, its just what i imagine theyll rank them.

Leach had an impact, but there was plenty of times he was standing beside Cam Cameron too. Hes not a full time player, like it or not. there wont be many 2 down LBs or nickel backs on this list either. You dont play you arent recognized as the best of the best.

If there are 8 Ravens on this list, than yeah id sooner assume its Leach, which imo is a little high, but if there are only 7 as earlier reported, i think hes the odd man out, which would narrow it down to Rice as the only offensive player left.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    -JAB

LOL at it being Rice.

He was 56....last year.

The best RB from last years list was 3rd (AP)

I guess leading the league in scrimmage yards and having the best year of his career knocked him down a notch in the voters eyes. I mean the best all around back in the NFL surely couldn't crack the top 40...

SMH.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    LOL at it being Rice.

He was 56....last year.

The best RB from last years list was 3rd (AP)

I guess leading the league in scrimmage yards and having the best year of his career knocked him down a notch in the voters eyes. I mean the best all around back in the NFL surely couldn't crack the top 40...

SMH.
    Idk Rice is a pretty average back tbh. :grbac:

Blog Entries

Boldin perhaps?

Torrey?

Possibly Marshall Yanda.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.