Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who's set to break out next year?

I'm really excited about last year's draft class. Torrey, Jimmy, and McPhee I think will escalate their game to the next level with an actual off-season this year.

ProFootballFocus seems to think McPhee will break out onto the scene:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...timore-ravens/

Any of your guys' thoughts? Who'll have a great year? Kruger? Pitta? McClellan? I can't wait to see who steps it up.

Blog Entries

Re: Who's set to break out next year?

I agree with McPhee. He wrecked the havoc that he did splitting time with two other guys (Jones and Redding). Now he's only got Jones to split reps with.

Dennis Pitta will cement his place as a fan favourite

5 regular season TD's, plenty of crucial 3rd down catches and then one TD in every playoff game

Hands of gold!

Going to be my next jersey

Blog Entries

Ed Dickson.

Blog Entries

I think one of the TE's will break out.

If Dickson can fix the inconsistency with his hands then I could see him getting upwards of 900 yards or so. Other than Derrick Mason, the only other player to ever ecclipse 1000 yards in Cam's offense was Antonio Gates.

I don't know if you'd call it a break out or not, but I could see Anthony Allen really picking up the slack as the #2 back on this team. He's already shown some good things and according to the OTA impressions so far, he's got a major step on Bernard Pierce and Damien Berry.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco

unfortunately Cam is still here so that's not happening.

Last time we did this I posted McPhee and I'm sticking with that pick. McPhee has got IT. He has all the natural instincts to be a good pass rusher at this level. I can see him breaking into the double digits for sack numbers this year.

Blog Entries

I like the McPhee pick, but it is kind of expected. So I'm going with Double A. putting up some good numbers as a back up.

Blog Entries

I could see Oher having a breakout year at RT as well. He's coming up on the final years of his rookie deal, he was a high round pick with a lot of hype behind him...I could see him really stepping his game up as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Paul Kruger

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by muninn View Post
    Paul Kruger
    That's a very interesting pick. This is Kruger's contract season. With Suggs out he could become a hot free agent and make a fortune if he gets 12 sacks. If Kruger has the ability he's going to succeed. He couldn't be in a better position than he is this year. It reminds me of Suggs when Boulware got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's a very interesting pick. This is Kruger's contract season. With Suggs out he could become a hot free agent and make a fortune if he gets 12 sacks. If Kruger has the ability he's going to succeed. He couldn't be in a better position than he is this year. It reminds me of Suggs when Boulware got hurt.
    I would really like to see this happen, Kruger break out and have a great year.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I think Torrey Smith will improve dramatically this year. Last year, he came in as a rookie and also had to deal with the shortened preseason. I look for him and Joe to get more in sync with each other on routes besides just the 9.