Thread: Ryan McBean

Ryan McBean

With the recent news of McAdoo, I wanted to start a discussion on something positive.

http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Th...-to-good-start

I know McBean was a pretty low-key signing, but he could end up being the one taking Redding's snaps. Although, he will have to do so after a 4 game suspension, it still is good to hear him performing well. I think his versatility to play both DT, NT, and 3-4 DE will be the key in him making the final 53.

Re: Ryan McBean

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    With the recent news of McAdoo, I wanted to start a discussion on something positive.

http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Th...-to-good-start

I know McBean was a pretty low-key signing, but he could end up being the one taking Redding's snaps. Although, he will have to do so after a 4 game suspension, it still is good to hear him performing well. I think his versatility to play both DT, NT, and 3-4 DE will be the key in him making the final 53.
    Yea I think he makes the team. He actually has decent speed and versatility and with the state of the LB group with Suggs and McAdoo injured that versatility may let them actually be more creative with the how they divvy up roster spots.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

He will be a good rotational player for us, not sure if he will turn out as good as Redding did.

EDIT: Just done some more research on this guy, he seems to be really big and athletic. 6'5 and 305 lbs, your Dline is going to be massive with Ngata Cody and Mcbean. He had 4 sacks, and 34 tackles last season for the Broncos, not bad at all.

He may be more of a natural pass rusher than Redding. Definitely gotta like the size and athleticism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    He may be more of a natural pass rusher than Redding. Definitely gotta like the size and athleticism.
    Well I think he was more of a gap closing 4-3 DT, so maybe he could make a good rotational 5 tech DE, or a Ravens style 3-4 DT (backing up Ngata). I don't think he's big enough to be a 3-4 NT though.

I see him as a 3-4 DE if he can beat out McPhee who I expect to get the job as he is a better all around player than Art Jones. McPhee does need to bulk up though so he can rush up the middle and be able to close the gap on running plays. If he gets to 295-300 he is the starter. Art Jones can come in on short yardage plays. But i see McPhee starting. McBean can add compitition with a strong camp pre season.

I see him as depth behind McPhee. It's always great to have 300 + pounds linemen in the ravens 34 bc it frees up the ILB to make plays. I think I read that McPhee was trying to add weight to help with the run. On another note I am excited to see the front 7 especially the OLBers, I think Kindle is going to ball this year just bc he knows this is his final year if he doesnt

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!