Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle Update

Kindle Update

Yesterday Kindle was asked if his loss of hearing impacts his performance.

“It’s a big deal. I’m more acclimated with it now but we’re not in the stadium either.”

The Ravens along with Kindle are trying to restore the competitive balance when it comes to his loss of hearing.

“We’re thinking of trying to get something cleared through the league either to put in my helmet or wear in my ear - but it’s up in the air right now”, Kindle said.

When asked about what devise he was talking about, Kindle mentioned that it would be some sort of funnel to help amplify sound into his helmet.

Whether or not the implementation of this unique hearing device is successful, Kindle knows that now more than ever the team is counting on him to contribute.

“I’m always motived yearly, I just know now that I’m more needed or maybe I feel like I need to step up because of who we lost and how much [Suggs] means to this team.”

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: Kindle Update

This is exactly why you make his on-field assignments simple and direct.

Serg - when you're on the field your primary objective is to get to the QB. If it's a run and it comes at you, stop it or flush it back to the middle so Ray or McClain or Pollard can get to it, but if it's a pass, then get to the QB by any means necessary.

Treat him like they do with young QB's by limiting the scope in which they're expected to perform. Most young QB's are only given certain areas of the field to read until they get good enough at processing and reading the entire field.

IMO, this is a very simple thing and one that he could understand.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is exactly why you make his on-field assignments simple and direct.

Serg - when you're on the field your primary objective is to get to the QB. If it's a run and it comes at you, stop it or flush it back to the middle so Ray or McClain or Pollard can get to it, but if it's a pass, then get to the QB by any means necessary.

Treat him like they do with young QB's by limiting the scope in which they're expected to perform. Most young QB's are only given certain areas of the field to read until they get good enough at processing and reading the entire field.

IMO, this is a very simple thing and one that he could understand.
    Go f' someone up, Serg
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

The opportunity is there now more than ever; it's up to him to take advantage of it. Would love to see him elevate his play

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

What worries me is this

http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Pu...an-you-hear-me

“I’m studying more of the playbook and doing it in different ways than before. I’m trying to be isolated – no TV, no music, none of that. I’m just trying to get away from people and the phone. I need to make sure my mind is focused on the task at hand and reviewing the playbook.”

Kindle looks to be in good shape but realizes that his biggest change can come from adjusting his mentality and preparation.

“If I learn the playbook as much as I need to I won’t have to depend on calls as much. I’ll just know what I see and go from there”, Kindle said.

WTF???? Studying the playbook more? If I learn the playbook as much as I need to? What the hell has he been doing the past 2 years? It's like he just realized this is serious and he better start hitting the books. Even though we don't see the King Serg tweets anymore doesn't mean he's actually grown up.

I think you're reading WAAAAAAY to much into an innocuous comment. And besides, this will be the third defensive coordinator in three years for Sergio. I don't think it's unreasonable that he's still learning. I'm sure all the players are studying Pees' playbook to pick up on the changes between him and Pagano.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r2z3u3
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Kindle has a history of immaturity. I'm sure they are all studying but those quotes make it sound like this is something new for him and based on what we've seen in the past I don't doubt that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I think you're reading WAAAAAAY to much into an innocuous comment. And besides, this will be the third defensive coordinator in three years for Sergio. I don't think it's unreasonable that he's still learning. I'm sure all the players are studying Pees' playbook to pick up on the changes between him and Pagano.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r2z3u3
    :word It seemed like as generic a comment as any he'd make about doing whatever he needs to do to see the field. Great point also about Pee's being his 3rd DC since he's been here, hadn't occured to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I agree.

While I can't blame GOTA for his take on it given Kindle's history, what I see him saying is I have to understand the playbook so well that hearing the calls or not doesn't matter. Nothing wrong with that to me.

King Serge's next stop (after this years training camp) will be flipping burgers at the Burger King. It would take a very, very special player to overcome both his injury and his hearing disability - and King Serge ain't that kinda guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    King Serge's next stop (after this years training camp) will be flipping burgers at the Burger King. It would take a very, very special player to overcome both his injury and his hearing disability - and King Serge ain't that kinda guy.

Blog Entries

I can see why GOTA is worried. Look at how much the guy had to go through to even get to this point. There's no telling whether or not he truly gets it yet.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore