Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anquan boldin

Re: Anquan boldin

Why would anyone NOT want Boldin?

He hasn't been used right, but IMO, you won't find a better intermediate receiver out there.

He's the epitome of what a professional athlete should be.

I am hoping the Ravens Passing attack has collected all the diversrse parts it needs to be explosive:

2 good pass catching TEs,
    Deep threat
    Intermediate and middle route runner,
    Large endzone target
    Posession receiver

:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    In Arizona we saw him catching passes, breaking a couple of arm tackles and picking up some nice YAC. You don't really see that from him in Baltimore. He catches the ball and more often than not he's tackled right away.
    Your right, but partially due to him catching the ball in traffic or in tight coverage, not in a whole were he can make the first guy miss. He normally catches the ball in front of DB's not with a DB trailing (slant, drag, etc) and they bracket him just like they did with Mase because Cam is so predictable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Why would anyone NOT want Boldin?

He hasn't been used right, but IMO, you won't find a better intermediate receiver out there.

He's the epitome of what a professional athlete should be.

I am hoping the Ravens Passing attack has collected all the diversrse parts it needs to be explosive:

2 good pass catching TEs,
    Deep threat
    Intermediate and middle route runner,
    Large endzone target
    Posession receiver

:)
    The only reason is money. Everyone like Boldin as a player. It's his cap cost that is the only issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only reason is money. Everyone like Boldin as a player. It's his cap cost that is the only issue.
    So 7 million is too much for a borderline number 1?

Not really. It is actually a great deal.

Especially when you consider a guy like Fitzgerald is averaging about 1300 yards a season and makes DOUBLE what Boldin does at 15 million a year.

Blog Entries

It's funny because I'm not sure if people would be speculating about Boldin being cut in 2013 had he got like 150 odd yards more to get over the "essential" 1 k mark, and I'm pretty sure he'd probably had got that had he not missed the last few games of the season. I think it would be foolish to cut another receiver just to replace him with either a FA receiver who has no chemistry with Flacco, or an unproven rookie who will likely be raw in his rookie season, and so could be ineffective as a starter to begin with. I would rather us keep Boldin on for another season, and draft another WR in the draft who can sit behind Boldin and Smith for a year, while competing for the #3 spot on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's funny because I'm not sure if people would be speculating about Boldin being cut in 2013 had he got like 150 odd yards more to get over the "essential" 1 k mark, and I'm pretty sure he'd probably had got that had he not missed the last few games of the season. I think it would be foolish to cut another receiver just to replace him with either a FA receiver who has no chemistry with Flacco, or an unproven rookie who will likely be raw in his rookie season, and so could be ineffective as a starter to begin with. I would rather us keep Boldin on for another season, and draft another WR in the draft who can sit behind Boldin and Smith for a year, while competing for the #3 spot on the roster.
    Don't worry, I doubt Boldin is going anywhere. A very reasonable extension is probably going to happen instead of this idea that he is getting cut.

People just don't realize how hard it is to find a WR that you can count on every year to get you a 1000 or damn close to it, who is also a leader inside the locker room and a model citizen outside of it. But the Ravens do and will act accordingly when the time comes.