Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anquan boldin

Blog Entries

Re: Anquan boldin

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why would the Patriots even consider putting Edelman on Boldin if they didn't feel that Torrey was the bigger threat? They're secondary played like crap almost the entire season and now you're going to put an offensive player on the Ravens #1 receiver? It sounds nuts but when it mattered most it worked and yes I do agree Cam was a big part of that.
    I agree that in our offense, Torrey is the bigger threat. He is put in a position to succeed. He is a vertical receiver. Boldin is not. But he is used as one in our offense. He flourishes inside ie. Final Steelers GW drive.

Blog Entries

Dind ding we have a winnnnaahhhhh! GOTA nailed it. In THIS system teams can put a substandard CB on Boldin, it's happened ALL year. Not because of his abilities, but because of the tape on how he's used. Look at not just that game, but especially the later half of the season, Torrey was drawing the best corner, AND over the top help. Not saying Torrey is a #1 but thats how predictable Cam is.

HOPEfully with Streeter they go more 3 wide sets. Honestly Doss will be pushed down the depth chart, and eventually let go and be a solid #2 for some other team.

Ptta will be the primary TE with specific packages for Dickson and thats it. Write this down, bank it, bet you're next paycheck on it but I'll guarntee that this is exactly what happens the majority of the time next year.

The following year, who knows but Boldin won't be here hopefully Cam won't either and we can get someone in that can use our players to their strengths. Than again I have a feeling RR wont be here either. He's much better suited for a different system.

In a perfect world you don't go pay Leach the money we did. The personnel and their strengths haveus at a 3 wide formation MOST of the time with a single RB(Rice). Were setup for a west coast style offense, hell even our OL is setup, or pushed into that role.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    But he gets paid like a #1 wr.

His $6mil salary for 2012 is the 7th highest for a receiver in the entire league.

Thats the thing...he was brought in to be that #1 guy but it hasnt worked out that way.
    1. 6 million is number 2 receiver money, not even close to number 1 money which is 9-10 million. And number 2's don't put up the production Boldin does, in a run based offense no less.

2. That said, we are getting tremendous value out of him and both our starting WR in general.

3. Not that it matters, but no clue where you came up with only 7 players making more than him, not remotely accurate.

CJ
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Wes Welker
    Vincent Jackson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Santonio Holmes
    Brandon Marshall
    Stevie Johnson
    Steve Smith
    Roddy White
    Greg Jennings
    Marques Colston
    Desean Jackson
    Pierre Garcon
    Mike Wallace

That is 15 by my count.

So Boldin is paid like a 2, produces like a borderline 1 in an offense that is not conducive to big WR stats, and is by all accounts a great guy on and off the field.

What exactly are you complaining about again?
    Last edited by TheJoeFlaccoShow; 05-24-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Blog Entries

According to spotrac.com

Top 10 WR base salaries for 2012:

1. V. Jackson $11,000,000

2. W. Welker $9,515,000

3. D. Bowe $9,443,000

4. B. Marshal $9,300,000

5. S. Holmes $7,750,000

6. S. Rice $7,000,000

7. A. Boldin $6,000,000

8. R. White $5,500,000

9. L. Fitzgerald $5,000,000

10. G. Jennings $3,885,000

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Fair enough. Hopefully this will be his breakout year or he won't be around next year
    He's not going to have a "break out" year because he just isn't used properly. Our offensive line was pretty shaky this year and we had the perfect quick-slant receiver to counter the blitz, but he was sent 30 yards deep while Flacco ran for his life. If Flacco was allowed to audible and hit hot routes to Boldin, we'd have been in the super bowl 2 years ago.

According to spotrac.com

2. W. Welker $9,515,000

3. D. Bowe $9,443,000

4. B. Marshal $9,300,000

5. S. Holmes $7,750,000

6. S. Rice $7,000,000

7. A. Boldin $6,000,000

8. R. White $5,500,000

Put Boldin in New England's offense and he'd be unstoppable.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure where this Edelman covered Boldin talk came from. Boldin abused Edelman when he was covering him if I'm not mistaken.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    I'm not sure where this Edelman covered Boldin talk came from. Boldin abused Edelman when he was covering him if I'm not mistaken.
    Yes he had a 100 yard game, against EDELMAN, thats what were talking about. Quick slants and he could've had double that. Stick edelman on Fitz, or megatron, or whomever being utilized properly and they prob would've set a NFL single game record. Instead it was the same ol and he got 100 because he was opposite a bum at CB.

According to spotrac.com

2. W. Welker $9,515,000

3. D. Bowe $9,443,000

4. B. Marshal $9,300,000

5. S. Holmes $7,750,000

6. S. Rice $7,000,000

7. A. Boldin $6,000,000

8. R. White $5,500,000

Spotrac is worthless.

And base salaries are misleading with the way NFL contracts are structured.

My list is accurate, along with the other points I made.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Spotrac is worthless.

And base salaries are misleading with the way NFL contracts are structured.

My list is accurate, along with the other points I made.

Haha...ok...didnt see you attach any salaries to the names on your list.

"MY LIST IS ACCURATE, ALONG WITH THE OTHER POINTS I MADE."

Haha, whatever.

Blog Entries

He'll finish out the contract, I can't see him being cut next off-season
    Might even extend the contract for two years to lower the cap

For once our WR corp is young and has a way to go yet
    As said earlier in the thread, Boldin is a leader in that area and I think that's something not to be overlooked

OT but I wasn't a fan of the Jacoby Jones signing at all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    1. 6 million is number 2 receiver money, not even close to number 1 money which is 9-10 million. And number 2's don't put up the production Boldin does, in a run based offense no less.

2. That said, we are getting tremendous value out of him and both our starting WR in general.

3. Not that it matters, but no clue where you came up with only 7 players making more than him, not remotely accurate.

CJ
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Wes Welker
    Vincent Jackson
    Dwayne Bowe
    Santonio Holmes
    Brandon Marshall
    Stevie Johnson
    Steve Smith
    Roddy White
    Greg Jennings
    Marques Colston
    Desean Jackson
    Pierre Garcon
    Mike Wallace

That is 15 by my count.

So Boldin is paid like a 2, produces like a borderline 1 in an offense that is not conducive to big WR stats, and is by all accounts a great guy on and off the field.

What exactly are you complaining about again?
    If you're just comparing base salaries and not bonus money, etc, then Larry Fitz actually has a smaller base salary for 2012 than Boldin does.

http://footballoutsiders.com/under-c...t-cap-overview

The Cardinals could find another $3.2 million of cap room by reducing Larry Fitzgerald's $5 million base salary to $1 million and adding $4 million to the $15 million option that comes due on the first day of the 2012 league year.
    Boldin's deal paid him $2 mill the first year, $6mill 2011, 2012, & 2013 with about $8 mill in bonus money, etc.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    He'll finish out the contract, I can't see him being cut next off-season
    Might even extend the contract for two years to lower the cap

For once our WR corp is young and has a way to go yet
    As said earlier in the thread, Boldin is a leader in that area and I think that's something not to be overlooked

OT but I wasn't a fan of the Jacoby Jones signing at all
    When Eli Manning came in he had a lot of veteran receivers around him, now he's got a bunch of guys that came in after him and he's a better player for it. The Steelers top 3 receivers last year were 2nd and 3rd year players. The Ravens started to go that way last offseason by getting rid of Heap and Mason. They chickened out though and didn't finish the job. How do you know that your young guys can't step up like the guys in those situations did if they never see the field?

Every time the Ravens bring in a Lee Evans, Anquan Boldin, Houshmanzadeh for a quick fix, it puts finding long term targets for Flacco at risk. Look at what Torrey Smith did. If Lee Evans had stayed healthy he would have never seen the field last year. Todd Heap's presence buried Dickson and Pitta on the bench and look at what the two of them were able to do last season.

As long as Boldin is here, we'll never know if Tandon Doss is a capable player.

Blog Entries

I'm not disappointed in Boldin, he never claimed to be a glorified WR that burns DB's. He is utilized wrong and that is not on him. He has done well given the circumstances. Boldin is a Slot/Find the whole WR, that finds wholes sits and gets YAC, he can even do that on the outside in the right system, he did it in AZ. His strength is strength, find the void in the D catch the ball and bitch smack a smaller DB and get YAC. YAC was always his ability. Don't Blame Q, I am surprised he hasn't lashed out because of the BS, like in AZ. I know I would be pissed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    I'm not disappointed in Boldin, he never claimed to be a glorified WR that burns DB's. He is utilized wrong and that is not on him. He has done well given the circumstances. Boldin is a Slot/Find the whole WR, that finds wholes sits and gets YAC, he can even do that on the outside in the right system, he did it in AZ. His strength is strength, find the void in the D catch the ball and bitch smack a smaller DB and get YAC. YAC was always his ability. Don't Blame Q, I am surprised he hasn't lashed out because of the BS, like in AZ. I know I would be pissed.
    I definitely agree with this, except one thing he hasn't really been able to do in Baltimore is get those impressive yards after the catch.

In Arizona we saw him catching passes, breaking a couple of arm tackles and picking up some nice YAC. You don't really see that from him in Baltimore. He catches the ball and more often than not he's tackled right away.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com