Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: WAPO poll has Obama-Romney tied on economy

About two out of every five Democratic voters in Tuesday’s presidential primary in Kentucky chose “uncommitted” instead of voting for President Barack Obama. …

“I’m at a victory celebration for ‘uncommitted’ who performed admirably,” said [state GOP chair Steve] Robertson. “I’ve never met the guy but know that he highly embarrassed Obama.”

Blog Entries

This follows on the heels of Obama’s embarrassing outcome in West Virginia, where he lost 41% of the vote to a felon currently residing in federal prison in Texas. The felon is even entitled to be a delegate at the convention but will have to be furloughed from prison to go.

:grbac:

I'm confused. I thought galen didn't pay attention to these pesky national polls?? Now all of a sudden....... #hyprocrisy

Not to mention the 10 point disparage between Dem and Rep sampling. You're telling me Romney and Obama being tied in the economy on a severly Dem oversampled poll is somehow bad news for ROMNEY? ROFL.

Oh that's right, Galen only cares about those swing state polls. Well, G you may not like this one then:

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes...ReleaseID=1752

6 point lead for Romney. Ruh-Roh.

But it gets worse. Obama only edges Romney among women 45/44 (war on women eh?), but Romney wins men 50/37. Obama also only edges Romney among Hispanics 42/40 (really locked that Hispanic vote up), perhaps from the fallout over the Castro visa. Independents give Romney an eight-point edge.

Spin this one.

Blog Entries

Jeez, even Anderson Cooper sees the Bain attacks as hypocritical...and ABC actually did some reporting.
    Last edited by 4G63; 05-23-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries

I think the Dems are gonna turn on 0bama the closer it gets to election day. You can see he's losing support from some bigwigs within the Democratic party and as the polls show, he's losing the public.

As Stinger posted above, Florida is going to Romney (as of right now) and I think it'll get worse nationwide as year progresses.

The Dems will turn on him and jump off the ship before it goes down...

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I think the Dems are gonna turn on 0bama the closer it gets to election day. You can see he's losing support from some bigwigs within the Democratic party and as the polls show, he's losing the public.

As Stinger posted above, Florida is going to Romney (as of right now) and I think it'll get worse nationwide as year progresses.

The Dems will turn on him and jump off the ship before it goes down...
    Based on what? Your gut?

Romney definitely gets good news from Fla. Rubio will definitely help him and it would be really tough for Obama to win Florida. To think the public is leaving Obama is completely unfounded. The national trend favoring Romney after he more-or-less won the party nominaton has flattened out and Obama has been slightly ahead in the past couple Republican leaning Rassmussen polls. Additionally, Obama's job approval numbers in the last couple of Rassmussen polls have been 50% and 51%. Those are solid national numbers and the best he's seen. In North Carolina where Rassmussen had Romney +8 last week, the newest poll from this week has Romney just +1 so Obama is improving in N.C.

There is no evidence that Obama is losing the public. Outside of the good Florida news for Romney, everything else has been really flat at best for him. With Rubio in Florida and Florida's history, I don't think many expect Obama to win there. Even at the height of his popularity and against a weak McCain/Palin ticket, Obama still only won by 2 points.

I will need to see those types of numbers for Romney in VA, OH and possibly PA and CO before I begin to worry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Based on what? Your gut?
    Probably based on the WV, Kentucky and Ark DEMOCRAT VOTERS rejecting him AND recent Dem's disagreeing wiht his attacks on Bain, the centerpiece of his campaign against Romney.

Romney definitely gets good news from Fla. Rubio will definitely help him and it would be really tough for Obama to win Florida.
    Acutally, that 8 point lead is without Rubio, it only improves additional point with Rubio.

To think the public is leaving Obama is completely unfounded. The national trend favoring Romney after he more-or-less won the party nominaton has flattened out
    Wait, so when the national polls show Romney ahead it's about the electoral vote, when he is winning states it's about nation trend?

and Obama has been slightly ahead in the past couple Republican leaning Rassmussen polls. Additionally, Obama's job approval numbers in the last couple of Rassmussen polls have been 50% and 51%. Those are solid national numbers and the best he's seen
    But he is still below 50%. And again these are national numbers, state by state numbers, the ones that matter right?

There is no evidence that Obama is losing the public. Outside of the good Florida news for Romney, everything else has been really flat at best for him. With Rubio in Florida and Florida's history, I don't think many expect Obama to win there. Even at the height of his popularity and against a weak McCain/Palin ticket, Obama still only won by 2 points.

I will need to see those types of numbers for Romney in VA, OH and possibly PA and CO before I begin to worry.
    I don't have faith in PA, but I'd start to worry if I were you about the others. If you want "evidence" go look at your beloved pools...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm confused. I thought galen didn't pay attention to these pesky national polls?? Now all of a sudden....... #hyprocrisy

Not to mention the 10 point disparage between Dem and Rep sampling. You're telling me Romney and Obama being tied in the economy on a severly Dem oversampled poll is somehow bad news for ROMNEY? ROFL.

Speaking of which, this poll shows the swing states don't like Biden. There is so much working vs OBY.
    If he drops Biden and adds hilly he'll win but would Hilly run as VP. Slick Willie tried to get her to quit as
    Sec of State and run vs OBY. He said your country needs you.

In a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll, Americans split on whether they like or dislike the vice president – 42% said they had a favorable opinion, 45% said unfavorable – but the numbers are worse in key swing states

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...g-state-poll/1

Well, I guess if we are looking at state polls then, we may as well look at Arizona. Obama promised he was going to make that a battleground state. Yeah, not so much right now:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...SAZ_052312.pdf

And this is a PPP poll, which is a Democratic polling agency.