Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23

Thread: Kenyan or not

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Kenyan or not



    Arizona now appears to be satisfied that Obama was born in Hawaii

    As Breitbart.com points out there are instances where BHO is said to be born in Kenya.

    Let me state clearly (for Galen) as I've said before (so he doesn't take this off topic) I am not a "birther", I believe BHO was born in Hawaii for two overwhelming reasons besides the birth certificate. 1. There is no record of a baby coming in from Kenya to Hawaii during that time 2. There is no record of his Mom EVER having gone to Kenya.

    Now that's out of the way. What benefit would it be to BHO to have this say he was born in Kenya? I know he most likely didn't write these, but he either a) read these before they were printed and approved it or b) read them after and didn't correct them or c) both.

    So did he either write this or approve of this to promote his book(s) thinking would be cooler and be a better story if he was foreign born? Did he, like Elizabeth Warren (the wannabe Senator from Mass) pass him self off as a non-citizen to get some sort of affirmative action?

    I guess my point is what's the benefit of doing or allowing this?

    P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if his campaign was the one letting this information out to try to get the "birther" talk started again.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Kenyan or not









  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Solid contribution. I would expect nothing less.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Solid contribution. I would expect nothing less.
    I'm not a birther but......

    I have no problems with gay people but....

    I have no problem with women making their own health choices but.....








  5. #5

    Re: Kenyan or not

    The reality is this:

    Those who believe the President was born elsewhere do so in the absence of any legitimate evidence to support the claim. Personally, I believe it's rooted in racism, either conscious or subconscious, but that's really besides the point.

    In that vein however, it's safe to assume the individuals who question the President on these grounds will continue to doubt his legitimacy for the office irrespective of evidence to the contrary, or in the continued lack of evidence that supports their utterly bogus claims.

    It's also safe to say that they'll vote for Mitt Romney. Not because of who he is, but instead because of who he is not. Sound familiar?

    The notion that the President or his team would prop up this flimsy faux-evidence is nonsense. Fanning the flames among this whack-a-doo crowd of birthers would only serve to incite the irrational people who find this to be a legitimate conversation in the first place. And if there's one thing rational people don't do, it's incite irrational people.

    Given the fact that many of these individuals are already batshit crazy, willfully encouraging their goofball agenda doesn't strike me as being in the best interest of a President who many of those same individuals view with unadulterated hatred and who in the most extreme instances wish upon him physical harm.

    What I do think this reflects is how desperate the extreme right is to see its broader agenda mandated in the elections in November, and just the same how unlikely that is to actually happen.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I'm not a birther but......

    I have no problems with gay people but....

    I have no problem with women making their own health choices but.....
    Again solid contribution.

    The point of this thread is to discuss why BHO is okay with it being said he was born in Kenya. WHEN CLEARLY I STATED HE ISN'T. Geez, are you blind?




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    The reality is this:

    Those who believe the President was born elsewhere do so in the absence of any legitimate evidence to support the claim. Personally, I believe it's rooted in racism, either conscious or subconscious, but that's really besides the point.

    In that vein however, it's safe to assume the individuals who question the President on these grounds will continue to doubt his legitimacy for the office irrespective of evidence to the contrary, or in the continued lack of evidence that supports their utterly bogus claims.

    It's also safe to say that they'll vote for Mitt Romney. Not because of who he is, but instead because of who he is not. Sound familiar?

    The notion that the President or his team would prop up this flimsy faux-evidence is nonsense. Fanning the flames among this whack-a-doo crowd of birthers would only serve to incite the irrational people who find this to be a legitimate conversation in the first place. And if there's one thing rational people don't do, it's incite irrational people.

    Given the fact that many of these individuals are already batshit crazy, willfully encouraging their goofball agenda doesn't strike me as being in the best interest of a President who many of those same individuals view with unadulterated hatred and who in the most extreme instances wish upon him physical harm.

    What I do think this reflects is how desperate the extreme right is to see its broader agenda mandated in the elections in November, and just the same how unlikely that is to actually happen.
    Maybe I should take some blame for your response by the title of the thread, unless you read the my first post as well.

    Did you read what the thread is about or just the title?




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Again solid contribution.

    The point of this thread is to discuss why BHO is okay with it being said he was born in Kenya. WHEN CLEARLY I STATED HE ISN'T. Geez, are you blind?
    Here's an idea:

    1. GOOGLE "Obama born in Kenya".

    2. Go down a couple lines and click on; "Obama Literary Agent Responds to 'Born in Kenya' Bio: Nothing ..."

    3. Read the site to find:

    Miriam Goderich issued a statement to the Political Wire saying the future president never suggested “in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii”:

    “You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.


    4. Cross reference with the link to political wire to find:

    Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake

    5. Go to Extrapoints post and read this:

    Given the fact that many of these individuals are already batshit crazy, willfully encouraging their goofball agenda doesn't strike me as being in the best interest of a President who many of those same individuals view with unadulterated hatred and who in the most extreme instances wish upon him physical harm.

    6. Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself the question:

    "Am I batshit crazy enough to post a link from Breitbart on a forum and blame the problem on Obama or am I just hopelessly naive?








  9. #9

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe I should take some blame for your response by the title of the thread, unless you read the my first post as well.

    Did you read what the thread is about or just the title?
    I addressed contents of your post. I don't ascribe the views of birthers to you because you articulated your belief that President was born in the US, citing the lack of contradictory evidence birthers ignore.

    As for the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about the President propping up these stories for political gain, I just think it's nonsense.

    The whole thing is that birthers don't rationalize on the basis of facts, and as a result will remain birthers in perpetuity. It is a static movement of simpletons that will never support the President nor view his candidacy as legitimate on the basis of their belief that he was born outside of the United States. Or worse...

    From Don Racheter, chairman of the Iowa Republican Party's platform committee:

    "There are many Republicans who feel that Barack Obama is not a 'natural-born citizen' because his father was not an American when he was born and, therefore, feel that according to the Constitution he's not qualified to be president, should not have been allowed to be elected by the Electoral College or even nominated by the Democratic Party in 2008,"




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    2. Go down a couple lines and click on; "Obama Literary Agent Responds to 'Born in Kenya' Bio: Nothing ..."

    3. Read the site to find:

    Miriam Goderich issued a statement to the Political Wire saying the future president never suggested “in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii”:
    That is correct. If you'll READ the first post, I know he most likely didn't write these, but he either a) read these before they were printed and approved it or b) read them after and didn't correct them or c) both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    “You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.
    THis just says the information they got from him didn't suggest it not that"he either a) read these before they were printed and approved it or b) read them after and didn't correct them or c) both.

    So did he either write this or approve of this to promote his book(s) thinking would be cooler and be a better story if he was foreign born? Did he, like Elizabeth Warren (the wannabe Senator from Mass) pass him self off as a non-citizen to get some sort of affirmative action?

    I guess my point is what's the benefit of doing or allowing this?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    4. Cross reference with the link to political wire to find:

    Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake
    Great it was a mistake, that was not corrected until 2007??? My question if you read the first post was WHY??




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    As for the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about the President propping up these stories for political gain, I just think it's nonsense.
    Wrong. it's so he/the media/ his devout followers can say things like:
    Personally, I believe it's rooted in racism, either conscious or subconscious, but that's really besides the point.
    Wait, no one would do that...




  12. #12

    Re: Kenyan or not

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    guess my point is what's the benefit of doing or allowing this?"

    Great it was a mistake, that was not corrected until 2007??? My question if you read the first post was WHY??
    Whatever it takes to justify your cynicism in your own mind.

    What's he going to do? Go back in time, un-publish the mistake, track down and burn all of the evidence, republish the correction, and then throw on a Speedo and plug the BP leak himself?

    If he's anything like me, he really just didn't give that much of a **** about something that any REASONABLE person (yourself included) would recognize is an error that can and has been proven as such empirically.

    Like I said re: the birthers before, haters gonna hate.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland