Thread: program alert

program alert

tuesday 5/22 at 7pm on ESPN. full NFl live show on the AFC North.

next weeks Ravens Nest on comcast sports will feature Ray lewis.

Blog Entries

Re: program alert

Not too interested in wasting an hour watching merril hodge gargle on steelers nutsacks...

Thanks for the heads up though :-)

Blog Entries

I thought Hodge did a daytime segment. Is that who will be on the ESPN show tomorrow night?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

bill polian precits the ravens to win the wild card and super bowl. wiley and herm edwards predict the ravens win teh division. all three predict the steelers to come in third place after the ravens and bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    bill polian precits the ravens to win the wild card and super bowl.
    He did? When?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He did? When?
    listen to the last part of the show. polian predicted the ravens win the wild card. the commentator said to polian, you said the ravens would win the S and now you are saying they would win the WC. A conversation ensued that it is easier to win the S[B] as a WC then in the past and they used the packers and steelers as recent WC teams to win the sb.

Late For Work 5/23: ESPN Analysts: Steelers To Finish 3rd In Division

by Sarah Ellison

ESPN Analysts: Steelers To Finish 3rd In Division
    The AFC North is usually considered a two-way race.

It could wind up that way again this year, but ESPN analysts predict the Pittsburgh Steelers will not be one of the top two contenders. Instead, they see the Cincinnati Bengals and Ravens dueling for the division crown.

ESPN analysts Herm Edwards, Bill Polian and Marcellus Wiley all believe the Steelers will finish third.

Below are their AFC North predicted standings:

Edwards****************************** Polian****************** *************** Wiley

1)*Ravens*******************************Bengals********************************Ravens

2)*Bengals******************************Ravens******************************** Bengals

3)*Steelers******************************Steelers*******************************Steelers

4)*Browns*******************************Browns********************************Browns

Polian, the former Colts vice chairman and Bills general manager, was the only person of the trio to predict the Bengals would finish as the division champs, but he also predicted the Ravens would still make it to the Super Bowl via a wild-card playoff berth.

Finishing just one play away from the Super Bowl last year and retaining many of their key players, the Ravens seem to be a logical pick. Key offseason moves may lift the Bengals while pushing the Steelers down in the standings.

Quarterback Andy Dalton and receiver A.J. Green had spectacular rookie seasons and are expected to only get better with a year under their belt. With two first-round draft picks last month, Cincinnati bolstered their defensive backfield and offensive line with Alabama’s Dre Kirkpatrick and Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler. The Bengals’ prize of free agency was running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis. The Bengals have won the division twice since 2002.

“I believe that the Bengals, because they’ve had such a great offseason, will win the division. I think the Ravens will be a close second and [a force] to be reckoned with in the playoffs,” Polian said. “I think the Steelers – too much change there.”

The Steelers’ former offensive coordinator of five years, Bruce Arians, has been replaced by Todd Haley, who is known for an in-your-face style and his offensive philosophy in Pittsburgh is still unclear.* The Steelers offensive line is under construction, the health of nose tackle Casey Hampton is up in the air and the team’s ability to replace inside linebacker James Farrior will be crucial.

“It sounds like heresy to say the Steelers are third in their division,” Wiley said, even though he stuck by his prediction. The Steelers have finished in third place three times since the inception of the AFC North in 2002.

AFC North Champions

Steelers

10–5–1

Ravens

10–6–0

Steelers

15–1–0

Bengals

11–5–0

Thats fine - I like to see the Steelers under the radar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMB View Post
    They do seem to feed off of being written off. I think last year when they had everyone swinging from their nut sacks they got a little cocky, which probably explains why that first game wasn't as close as normal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMB View Post
    It's not about under the radar. They got swept by Baltimore and lost to freakin Tebow. Where would you expect them to be ranked?

at the end of the day it's a meaningless list anyway...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!