View Poll Results: OVER/UNDER 4,000 Passing Yards

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

    19 41.30%
  • Under

    27 58.70%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 73
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco



    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Minus who, Lee Evans?

    I like the over because it is going to be mostly the same group as last year. Smith should be better. Boldin had the knee issue last year and I expect if healthy is back to a 1,000 yard kind of guy. So 2k from the top WRs, another 5-700 from Rice. This year I think between the 2 TEs there is another 1,000 or so and to crak 4k, the Ravens just need to get something from the #3 WR spot, where the options should look a lot better than they did last year.
    Boldin has been here for 2 seasons now and hasn't cracked 900 yards or 75+ receptions in either year. The problem is Boldin isn't a great fit in the Coryell offense and granted, Torrey will take a lot of that pressure off of him, but Cam is still the one calling the shots and history has shown that Cam runs his offense through the RB and not the receivers.

    I'd say Torrey is the only receiver with a legitimate shot to break 1000 yards and that's only because of the nature in which they use him.

    Torrey - I'll say somewhere between 55-65 receptions for 900-1000 yards.
    Boldin - Maybe 60-70 receptions for 800-900 yards.
    Dickson - 40-50 for 500-550 yards.
    Pitta - 35-45 for 300-400 yards.
    Rice - 60-70 for 500-600 yards.
    J. Jones - 25-35 for 300-350 yards.

    So, at best you're probably looking at around 3500-3800 yards. Flacco is pretty consistent and has produced the most yards from a QB under Cam.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #14

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    I think I lean towards over (and obviously barely over, if over).

    The easiest way to prevent your QB from getting to 4000 yards as an OC is to simply limit his attempts. This has been the case for Cameron in the past, but not last year. Last year Joe had 542 attempts. What kept our total passing yardage (relatively) down was poor execution, not attempts. We increase our YPA to a decent but still modest 7.38 YPA (ranked 15th last year) from our terrible 6.66 (ranked 24th) of last year and that does the trick.

    So as Jeremiah said, I think we can get to 4k passing yards with similarly-called games but better passing execution, which should come with another year under the belts of Smith, Pitta, Dickson, and even Joe.

    Plus, I think our schedule will be more challenging and there will be less sitting-on-safe-lead situations and more games where we are throwing right to the end of the contest.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 05-21-2012 at 12:28 PM.




  3. #15

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Under
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

    I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

    Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Eldersburg, MD
    Posts
    77

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    I voted over, just to be optimistic...do I think it CAN happen? Sure...will it happen? Who knows...




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I think I lean towards over (and obviously barely over, if over).

    The easiest way to prevent your QB from getting to 4000 yards as an OC is to simply limit his attempts. This has been the case for Cameron in the past, but not last year. Last Year Joe had 542 attempts. What kept our total passing yardage (realtively) down was poor execution, not attempts. We increase our YPA to a decent but still modest 7.38 YPA (ranked 15th last year) from our terrible 6.66 (ranked 24th) of last year and that does the trick.

    So as Jeremiah said, I think we can get to 4k passing yards with similarly-called games but better passing execution, which should come with another year under the belts of Smith, Pitta, Dickson, and even Joe.

    Plus, I think our schedule will be more challenging and there will be less sitting-on-safe-lead situations and more games where we are throwing right to the end of the contest.
    I dont know man. Mathematically what you're saying makes sense, but I think it has a lot more to do with the nature and philosophy of Cam's offense. Bubble screens, deep routes with a low percentage of success, and RB dump-off's seem to be the name of the game for Cam's version of the Coryell.

    Now, if Cam calls games like he did against New England then I could see him going over 4000 yards on the season.

    We all know that probably won't happen though.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #18

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know man. Mathematically what you're saying makes sense, but I think it has a lot more to do with the nature and philosophy of Cam's offense. Bubble screens, deep routes with a low percentage of success, and RB dump-off's seem to be the name of the game for Cam's version of the Coryell.

    Now, if Cam calls games like he did against New England then I could see him going over 4000 yards on the season.

    We all know that probably won't happen though.
    I hear you. I am not all that confident, lol. Just leaning that way.

    Flacco did average 7.41 per attempt in 2010 under Cam, but his attempts were limited (to 489). This sort of goes along with my point in other threads about how the more you are asked to do the harder it is to keep up the same average success or efficiency. But I still think with the extra year of experience/maturity for our younger players, we can get 2010's YPA and efficiency out of a 2011 level of attempts.

    As the record shows, I am no fan of Cam.

    Now if we could only fast-forward 3 months and get the show on the road...




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I hear you. I am not all that confident, lol. Just leaning that way.

    Flacco did average 7.41 per attempt in 2010 under Cam, but his attempts were limited (to 489). This sort of goes along with my point in other threads about how the more you are asked to do the harder it is to keep up the same average success or efficiency. But I still think with the extra year of experience/maturity for our younger players, we can get 2010's YPA and efficiency out of a 2011 level of attempts.

    As the record shows, I am no fan of Cam.

    Now if we could only fast-forward 3 months and get the show on the road...
    Word.


    The career paths of guys like Rivers and Brees give me hope that Flacco in another offensive system is going to be much better and much more productive than while under Cam.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #20

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Word.


    The career paths of guys like Rivers and Brees give me hope that Flacco in another offensive system is going to be much better and much more productive than while under Cam.
    problem being hes here, under Cam, who doesnt appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

    Bummer.
    -JAB




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    problem being hes here, under Cam, who doesnt appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

    Bummer.
    Lots of theories to why that is.

    Most probable theory: 1 dropped TD pass away from going to the SB and there were no other coaches that would without a doubt 100% put the Ravens over the hump. Stay the course and get a friggin receiver who can catch the ball.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #22

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Good arguements on both sides thus far. This really is a crapshoot to be honest. Too many "what ifs" here. The biggest obstacle to 4k is schematic (i.e Cam Cameron) otherwise we are asking Joe to do more with less. A combination of better playcalling and execution will do the trick. Easier said than done of course. Joe, his receivers and Cam all take equal ownership of the success of the passing game.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Over

    I think the defense takes a step back this year.. with a brutal schedule (a who's who of the nfl's better offenses) its going to be on flacco and cameron to score more points than in years past. Joe gets 4000+ as a result of playing from behind more frequently.




  12. #24

    Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lots of theories to why that is.

    Most probable theory: 1 dropped TD pass away from going to the SB and there were no other coaches that would without a doubt 100% put the Ravens over the hump. Stay the course and get a friggin receiver who can catch the ball.
    Oh i understand why hes here, just sad that he still is. We can with him.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland