Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

19 41.30%
  • Under

27 58.70%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

Over or under 4,000 yards passing for Flacco this season.

Im going with over. Flacco I think has a feel for his WR's and TE's now. Plus the new addition of players with speed on offense will help out with spreading the field more.

Flacco should have been a 4,000 yard passer last season but he was inconsistent. I give some blame to Cam and our WR's too but overall all fingers point to Flacco because he is the QB. He threw for less than 200 yards in 7 games last season and he still rack up 3,610 yards passing for the season. I expect more consistency this year so he will be well over 4,000 yards passing.

Blog Entries

Re: OVER/UNDER 4,000 passing yards for Flacco

Under.

Cam Cameron.

No QB has ever thrown for much more than 3600 yards while operating out of Cam's offense.

I'd say 3600-3800 is more likely.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Under.

It's the same offense from last year, minus a few players. Can't see that high a number from a team that's more of a run-first style of offense.

Blog Entries

Under for sure for the reasons stated above.

But I couldn't care less if Flacco is 200 yards under the mark that all "elite" QB's have to get to. I will take wins and a superbowl over a Matt Ryan or Tony Romo any day.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Under.

It's the same offense from last year, minus a few players. Can't see that high a number from a team that's more of a run-first style of offense.
    Minus who, Lee Evans?

I like the over because it is going to be mostly the same group as last year. Smith should be better. Boldin had the knee issue last year and I expect if healthy is back to a 1,000 yard kind of guy. So 2k from the top WRs, another 5-700 from Rice. This year I think between the 2 TEs there is another 1,000 or so and to crak 4k, the Ravens just need to get something from the #3 WR spot, where the options should look a lot better than last year.

4k passing yards is no major accomplishment. The Ravens are likely going to be a run heavy team, but just a slight improvement in Flacco's comp% and he should hit 4k easy in the same run/ pass ratio.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Under.

Cam Cameron.

No QB has ever thrown for much more than 3600 yards while operating out of Cam's offense.

:word
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Minus who, Lee Evans?

I like the over because it is going to be mostly the same group as last year. Smith should be better. Boldin had the knee issue last year and I expect if healthy is back to a 1,000 yard kind of guy. So 2k from the top WRs, another 5-700 from Rice. This year I think between the 2 TEs there is another 1,000 or so and to crak 4k, the Ravens just need to get something from the #3 WR spot, where the options should look a lot better than they did last year.
    Wishful thinking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Under.

Cam Cameron.

agreed. I think its possible, but unlikely in this offense. Its just not designed to be a super offense that moves chains, more so just the big play for chunks of yards/TDs. Unless something drastically changes with Cams playcalling or the offense as a whole, what we see is what were going to get roughly. Flacco will be better this year, and all the stat hounds will still be pointing to his under 4k as the main reason hes the problem around here, but like you said. Brees and Rivers who hes often compared to (unjustly in most cases) didnt throw for 4k+ in this system with Cam either.

4k passing yards is no major accomplishment. The Ravens are likely going to be a run heavy team, but just a slight improvement in Flacco's comp% and he should hit 4k easy in the same run/ pass ratio.
    Only the top 10 Qbs did so thats less than 1/3 of the league alone. Of those 10 only 2 had RBs with over 1k. There isnt enough plays in a season to be both, even with a higher completion percentage, unless our defense was absolutely awful. Its not how we play here nor should it be. I do admit we need to be more efficient and we will rise some but 4K is still a lot for this team.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    -JAB

meh, id expect the normal flacco line...3400-3700 yds, 20-25 td's, 12 int's

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wishful thinking.
    Optimistic maybe, but wishful, I do not agree. I can not see 5k, or even 4.5, but all it would take to get to 4k is 60% or better completions.

:T2:

Optimistic maybe, but wishful, I do not agree. I can not see 5k, or even 4.5, but all it would take to get to 4k is 60% or better completions.
    Yet after throwing at 60% or higher three of his four seasons in the league, Joe hasn't cracked 3,700.

Blog Entries

In Cameron's offense, I am taking the under. We won't ever see a 4k, 30+ td season from Flacco in Cam's offense.