Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tampa trying to trade TE Kellen Winslow

Oakland might be a landing spot. They don't have much at the TE position and I'm sure they'd like to give Carson Palmer another receiving option. The Bears or Bills could be another option.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I would rather sign Ricky Proehl and convert him to the TE position
    Isn't Ricky Proehl the "Paul Kruger" of offense? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    They have no money and are paying Miller a ton of money, no way they are allocating 10-11 million at the TE position on two guys.

Winslow plus Miller would put them around 10 million this year and 11 for the next 2 after that between 2 TE cap wise. Not happening.
    Once Winslow gets cut he's not getting a big contract. He's going to end up signing a 1 year prove it type deal. The Steelers love restructuring. If they wanted to they could easily find the money.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Once Winslow gets cut he's not getting a big contract. He's going to end up signing a 1 year prove it type deal. The Steelers love restructuring. If they wanted to they could easily find the money.
    They love restructuring for proven and healthy players.

I don't see them moving cap money around to sign someone like Winslow.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Dickson did make a lot of outstanding catches...but he dropped wide open passes and passes that hit him right in the hands.

Consistency is something that is very valuable in the NFL. There is a reason why Pitta was Flacco's favorite target whenever he was on the field.
    It's also not something that is developed overnight. Young players drop passes that they should catch. It happens. I just don't think it's a big enough problem to dismiss his positive contributions over. I don't think Pitta is as far ahead of Dickson as people here believe.

This is the first thing I think of when I think of the Ravens and Winslow...

http://mdduckman.smugmug.com/Other/M...630019&k=dpVrs

Ah...memories...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    It's also not something that is developed overnight. Young players drop passes that they should catch. It happens. I just don't think it's a big enough problem to dismiss his positive contributions over. I don't think Pitta is as far ahead of Dickson as people here believe.
    It doesn't matter what people here think. It was obvious to anyone watching last year that Flacco has a connection with Pitta more than some of the other receivers. It even looked like he started to develop better chemistry with Torrey over Boldin as the season went on and frankly, it never really looked like Boldin and Flacco had that tight bond that you see from a lot of QB's and WR's.

Pitta may not be the athlete or have the upside that Dickson has, but if he's Flacco's favorite target (and towards the end of the season it certainly seemed that way) then they're going to be getting Pitta involved as much as possible. They're going to give Flacco the best weapons and the best probability of putting up points.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Blog Entries

It doesn't matter what people here think. It was obvious to anyone watching last year that Flacco has a connection with Pitta more than some of the other receivers. It even looked like he started to develop better chemistry with Torrey over Boldin as the season went on and frankly, it never really looked like Boldin and Flacco had that tight bond that you see from a lot of QB's and WR's.

Pitta may not be the athlete or have the upside that Dickson has, but if he's Flacco's favorite target (and towards the end of the season it certainly seemed that way) then they're going to be getting Pitta involved as much as possible. They're going to give Flacco the best weapons and the best probability of putting up points.
    You don't think Flacco is developing a connection with Dickson as well? I'd beg to differ. I think outside of his initial comfort level with Mason, I don't think I've ever seen Flacco as comfortable with his supporting cast as he is now. I attribute that largely to Flacco being able to groom the younger receivers himself and teach them what he wants them to be, as opposed to having to having that adjustment period that comes with a veteran receiver and veteran quarterback.

Pitta had his moments where it looked like he and Flacco had been playing together forever but I think Dickson had several of those moments as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    You don't think Flacco is developing a connection with Dickson as well? I'd beg to differ. I think outside of his initial comfort level with Mason, I don't think I've ever seen Flacco as comfortable with his supporting cast as he is now. I attribute that largely to Flacco being able to groom the younger receivers himself and teach them what he wants them to be, as opposed to having to having that adjustment period that comes with a veteran receiver and veteran quarterback.

Pitta had his moments where it looked like he and Flacco had been playing together forever but I think Dickson had several of those moments as well.
    The relationship transcends the field though.

Pitta and Flacco are really tight on and off the field. That's what I'm saying. That's a major reason why Flacco looks to Pitta first come game time. He trusts him and knows he has his back. Dickson dropping those passes last year doesn't give a QB warm & fuzzies come game time. The QB wants the guys out on the field that he knows are going to catch the ball.

Totally agree with you that another year under their belt and an actual off-season to work out with mini camps and OTA's will probably do wonders for Flacco and the rest of the receivers, but at this point I think Dickson would have to be really impressive as a blocker and as a receiver to hands down beat out Pitta for the #1 TE spot.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

I could see the Bears being interested in Winslow. They added Brandon Marshal, but could still use more weapons for Cutler.

Schiano is an easy guy to root for, IMHO. Hopefully his moves work out.

The relationship transcends the field though.

Pitta and Flacco are really tight on and off the field. That's what I'm saying. That's a major reason why Flacco looks to Pitta first come game time. He trusts him and knows he has his back. Dickson dropping those passes last year doesn't give a QB warm & fuzzies come game time. The QB wants the guys out on the field that he knows are going to catch the ball.

Totally agree with you that another year under their belt and an actual off-season to work out with mini camps and OTA's will probably do wonders for Flacco and the rest of the receivers, but at this point I think Dickson would have to be really impressive as a blocker and as a receiver to hands down beat out Pitta for the #1 TE spot.
    IIRC, they play golf together. At least they used to. With Joe married and expecting, those tee times might be dwindling.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    IIRC, they play golf together. At least they used to. With Joe married and expecting, those tee times might be dwindling.
    Haha. I believe they lived together for a bit as well.

I just know that they hang out off the field and are reportedly pretty good friends.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Well, it looks like the Seahawks traded for Winslow. They didn't give up too much, a seventh round pick that could turn into a sixth at best.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Pete Carroll loves acquiring TE's.

I don't get it because Zach Miller, IMO, is one of the best young TE's in the NFL...yet Pete Carroll doesn't seem interested in him. I'd take Zach Miller in a heart beat.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger