Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Tampa trying to trade TE Kellen Winslow

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Tampa trying to trade TE Kellen Winslow

Nope.

Kind of a d-bag and I'd much rather have our youth.

No thanks. He'll probably get released and like the article says, he doesn't have much left in the tank.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Is this the part where we talk about how Ray Lewis can mentor him and get him on the right track?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

He's had good production with the Bucs but he's really beat up. I'm not sure how hard you are going to get him to work. Not really the kind of player that makes sense here.

I'll pass. He will only stunt the growth of our young tight ends. Pitta and Dickson need more reps and experience. The expecation for these two is pretty high right now. As a fan I'm anxious to see who rises to the occassion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'll pass. He will only stunt the growth of our young tight ends. Pitta and Dickson need more reps and experience. The expecation for these two is pretty high right now. As a fan I'm anxious to see who rises to the occassion.
    Dennis Pitta.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    No thanks. He'll probably get released and like the article says, he doesn't have much left in the tank.
    On top of that they are kicking the tires on a 33 year old TE coming off an injury marred season (Dallas Clark). That's a huge indictment on Winslow's value to the Bucs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Dennis Pitta.
    I would agree with you, but it always seemed to me that not only did Dickson manage to get separation most of the time, he could also run the very deep routes. Dickson's problem was holding onto the ball, completing the catch.
    Pitta is so dependable, it's great. But if Dickson gets his drops taken care of, which is a hard thing to do, he would help create some real problems for the defenses.

Blog Entries

KW was drafted high in the 1st round by the Cleveland Browns. That's enough for me to pass on him... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Dennis Pitta.
    Yep. Agree. Edge goes to Pitta

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    On top of that they are kicking the tires on a 33 year old TE coming off an injury marred season (Dallas Clark). That's a huge indictment on Winslow's value to the Bucs right now.
    Who, when healthy, is also one of the best receiving TE's in the NFL...even at 33 years old.

I agree with everyone for the most part, but just to play devil's advocate:

Last year our most athletic TE (Dickson) had some major inconsistencies in catching the ball and throughout that entire process Cam insisted on keeping him as the #1 TE.

Now, Winslow isn't an amazing TE by any stretch of the imagination, but he is way more athletic and way more of a natural receiver and say what you want, but I've never really seen him drop passes like Dickson does.

Would that be worth the #3 TE spot or in certain packages? They're obviously tinkering around with some other TE's on the roster and aren't real stoked about Davon Drew as the #3.

Truthfully, Dallas Clark might not even make their squad except for depth. Tampa has some nice young talent at TE.

Luke Stocker (whom many compared to Jason Witten), Chase Coffman, Zach Pianalto (very underrated TE out of UNC), and 2 rookie TE's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.