Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: NFL going up in smoke?

It's a generational phenomenon not limited to the NFL. It's probably the same rate of usage as the NBA and MLB give or take a few percentage points.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Does this work for regular (daily) users? I mean, is that how many players are smoking but passing the test?
    I would imagine it does. A friend of mine used to smoke on a regular basis, infact smoked the day before getting tested, got the tea that evening and passed the test.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Do the Chargers, 49ers, and Raiders have such tests? They live in a state with medical marijuana and they could get the card if they wanted, so would they really need to pass a thc screen? I think Arizona and a couple of other states also have medical marijuana.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Do the Chargers, 49ers, and Raiders have such tests? They live in a state with medical marijuana and they could get the card if they wanted, so would they really need to pass a thc screen? I think Arizona and a couple of other states also have medical marijuana.
    Employers can still restrict your use no matter the state in which you live.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    It's a generational phenomenon not limited to the NFL. It's probably the same rate of usage as the NBA and MLB give or take a few percentage points.
    Which is probably why other leagues don't test for it. I know the NBA doesnt and well we all know how sketchy the MLB's drug testing policies have been over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Which is probably why other leagues don't test for it. I know the NBA doesnt and well we all know how sketchy the MLB's drug testing policies have been over the years.
    An I right in remembering that the MLB doesn't test players for recreational drugs at all once they hit the majors?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lsm2tg

Blog Entries

I would imagine that about 50% of the adult population in this country smokes weed...so not suprised at all if 50% of nfl players smoke. The suprising thing to me is that there are still people out there who support its prohibition.

Blog Entries

Now I completely understand every press conference Ed Reed has given in his career.

No way half the adult population smokes weed.

That estimation is incredibly high (pardon the pun).
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No way half the adult population smokes weed.

That estimation is incredibly high (pardon the pun).
    Yea..maybe i exaggerated a little. According to time magazine, 42% of americans admit to having at least tried it. Still...

And i think Shas might be on to something...

Blog Entries
    And somewhere Ricky Williams is glad he retired
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Does this work for regular (daily) users? I mean, is that how many players are smoking but passing the test?
    It does not. THC is fat soluable and can be detected a month after smoking. NFL players have low body fat so it may clear sooner but never in hours or a few days.

Most pro and college athletes use weed or other things. Duh? The painkillers are the worst, weening off them is a bitch. I had to do it, it's easy to get hooked only takes like 3 weeks. Withdrawal symptoms are the worst, scary feelings physically, emotionally and mentally. If you ever need opiate based pain killers MAKE sure you get a 10 day prescription ONLY with NO refills.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Now I completely understand every press conference Ed Reed has given in his career.
    You are more right than you realize.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    It does not. THC is fat soluable and can be detected a month after smoking. NFL players have low body fat so it may clear sooner but never in hours or a few days.
    How are you going to say it doesn't work when people are living proof?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"