Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,503

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?



    It's a generational phenomenon not limited to the NFL. It's probably the same rate of usage as the NBA and MLB give or take a few percentage points.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,364
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Does this work for regular (daily) users? I mean, is that how many players are smoking but passing the test?
    I would imagine it does. A friend of mine used to smoke on a regular basis, infact smoked the day before getting tested, got the tea that evening and passed the test.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  3. #18

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Do the Chargers, 49ers, and Raiders have such tests? They live in a state with medical marijuana and they could get the card if they wanted, so would they really need to pass a thc screen? I think Arizona and a couple of other states also have medical marijuana.


    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Do the Chargers, 49ers, and Raiders have such tests? They live in a state with medical marijuana and they could get the card if they wanted, so would they really need to pass a thc screen? I think Arizona and a couple of other states also have medical marijuana.
    Employers can still restrict your use no matter the state in which you live.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    It's a generational phenomenon not limited to the NFL. It's probably the same rate of usage as the NBA and MLB give or take a few percentage points.
    Which is probably why other leagues don't test for it. I know the NBA doesnt and well we all know how sketchy the MLB's drug testing policies have been over the years.




  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Which is probably why other leagues don't test for it. I know the NBA doesnt and well we all know how sketchy the MLB's drug testing policies have been over the years.
    An I right in remembering that the MLB doesn't test players for recreational drugs at all once they hit the majors?


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lsm2tg




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    I would imagine that about 50% of the adult population in this country smokes weed...so not suprised at all if 50% of nfl players smoke. The suprising thing to me is that there are still people out there who support its prohibition.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,405
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Now I completely understand every press conference Ed Reed has given in his career.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,496
    No way half the adult population smokes weed.

    That estimation is incredibly high (pardon the pun).
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No way half the adult population smokes weed.

    That estimation is incredibly high (pardon the pun).
    Yea..maybe i exaggerated a little. According to time magazine, 42% of americans admit to having at least tried it. Still...

    And i think Shas might be on to something...




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    1
    And somewhere Ricky Williams is glad he retired
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Does this work for regular (daily) users? I mean, is that how many players are smoking but passing the test?
    It does not. THC is fat soluable and can be detected a month after smoking. NFL players have low body fat so it may clear sooner but never in hours or a few days.




  13. #28

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Most pro and college athletes use weed or other things. Duh? The painkillers are the worst, weening off them is a bitch. I had to do it, it's easy to get hooked only takes like 3 weeks. Withdrawal symptoms are the worst, scary feelings physically, emotionally and mentally. If you ever need opiate based pain killers MAKE sure you get a 10 day prescription ONLY with NO refills.




  14. #29

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Now I completely understand every press conference Ed Reed has given in his career.
    You are more right than you realize.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,364
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL going up in smoke?

    Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    It does not. THC is fat soluable and can be detected a month after smoking. NFL players have low body fat so it may clear sooner but never in hours or a few days.
    How are you going to say it doesn't work when people are living proof?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland