Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL going up in smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You can't get rid of PED's the way you can pot.

You do a cycle or two of steroids or use HGH for even a month, and the testosterone levels will remain high for months. You can get rid of traces of weed with 30 days and a ton of Gatoraide.

And as wicked pointed out, the weed test is announced.
    Jim Miller was talking about this a couple of weeks ago. It's not just a weed test. They are looking for cocaine, heroin and anything else that is an illegal non PED. It's your basic drug screening you get at many jobs. Miller's view is that anyone caught by this test has to be a complete moron because they all know when it's coming. He also said that the NFL doesn't care what non PED you use as long as you perform. He said he knew guys who would get all coked up the night after they took the test.

It's not that the NFL condones weed by announcing the test. They honestly don't seem to care about any non PED. They do this test to keep up the public perception that they do care.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You can't get rid of PED's the way you can pot.

You do a cycle or two of steroids or use HGH for even a month, and the testosterone levels will remain high for months. You can get rid of traces of weed with 30 days and a ton of Gatoraide.

And as wicked pointed out, the weed test is announced.
    Or they can just drink 3hr tea. It will flush your system out in the said amount of time, works pretty good. (don't ask me how I know)
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Or they can just drink 3hr tea. It will flush your system out in the said amount of time, works pretty good. (don't ask me how I know)
    Does this work for regular (daily) users? I mean, is that how many players are smoking but passing the test?

Blog Entries

It's a generational phenomenon not limited to the NFL. It's probably the same rate of usage as the NBA and MLB give or take a few percentage points.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Does this work for regular (daily) users? I mean, is that how many players are smoking but passing the test?
    I would imagine it does. A friend of mine used to smoke on a regular basis, infact smoked the day before getting tested, got the tea that evening and passed the test.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Do the Chargers, 49ers, and Raiders have such tests? They live in a state with medical marijuana and they could get the card if they wanted, so would they really need to pass a thc screen? I think Arizona and a couple of other states also have medical marijuana.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Do the Chargers, 49ers, and Raiders have such tests? They live in a state with medical marijuana and they could get the card if they wanted, so would they really need to pass a thc screen? I think Arizona and a couple of other states also have medical marijuana.
    Employers can still restrict your use no matter the state in which you live.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    It's a generational phenomenon not limited to the NFL. It's probably the same rate of usage as the NBA and MLB give or take a few percentage points.
    Which is probably why other leagues don't test for it. I know the NBA doesnt and well we all know how sketchy the MLB's drug testing policies have been over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Which is probably why other leagues don't test for it. I know the NBA doesnt and well we all know how sketchy the MLB's drug testing policies have been over the years.
    An I right in remembering that the MLB doesn't test players for recreational drugs at all once they hit the majors?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lsm2tg

Blog Entries

I would imagine that about 50% of the adult population in this country smokes weed...so not suprised at all if 50% of nfl players smoke. The suprising thing to me is that there are still people out there who support its prohibition.

Now I completely understand every press conference Ed Reed has given in his career.

No way half the adult population smokes weed.

That estimation is incredibly high (pardon the pun).