Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: NFL going up in smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I mean that I was told firsthand by someone who is in a position to directly know Reed's situation -- a person whose information is reliable.
    Lol people always seem to have a source.

Shas doesn't toss around insider knowledge often enough for me to think he's doing it for attention, and Ed Reed's behavior is at best "mercurial." I think he's probably right on this one.

There are some high functioning bi-polars out there, they use their manic stages to great effect, being highly productive and tirelessly focused on the upswing, and then just kind of coast through the low times. I have a relative who's like that, dude makes more money than god in a highly competitive field because he can medicate to minimize his low periods. It wouldn't shock me if Ed does something similar and then takes a break from the meds in the offseason when he can slack off a bit. (I assume he's taking a break from his meds because a lot of the people with bi-polar who I've dealt with dislike their meds because they don't just reduce the lows, they also level off the highs somewhat, some of those folks only really feel good when their in their manic phase.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Nothing new.

When I was a kid in the 70's i remember all the guys on the neighborhood sandlot team routinely passing a joint around in the huddle.

When Johnny U went to San Diego he said most of the Charger players were a bunch of hop heads.

Football players come to the NFL right after college right? Most folks not named Bill Clinton either inhaled MJ in college or were around somebody who did lol.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.