Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819
    Blog Entries

Re: Philly extend up LeSean McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I heard his agent say that this is his last chance for a payday, and really his only chance. He talked about how Brees played through his rookie contract, got injured and took the best deal he could find at the time. Now he wants to be mega paid.
    Brees also played a year under the franchise tag and then blew out his shoulder at the end of the season. The Chargers then decided not to even negotiate with him. That scared the hell out of him even though it worked out and he was able to get good offers from the Dolphins and Saints. He's said though that he will never go through that again. I still think this deal gets done before the deadline and it will be closer to what Brees wants than what the Saints are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    As far as the lockout goes, which of those other teams relied so heavily on unproven talent that were even more greatly effected by the lockout?... the answer is none. nobody had as green of a receiving unit as we did last year. Drew brees, Brady, Eli, Rodgers, and Stafford all had vet WRs that also were with the team for years. Thats a really unfair argument, even if it is the counter.
    You really think Flacco had it rougher last offseason than Cam Newton, or Andy Dalton, off the top of my head? I respectfully disagree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    You really think Flacco had it rougher last offseason than Cam Newton, or Andy Dalton, off the top of my head? I respectfully disagree.
    Cam Newton has a better pass protection, a better receiving core, and gets to play a bunch of soft defenses in the south. Andy Dalton played under a very conservative game plan last year, had a better receiving core, better pass protection, and zero expectation.

Flacco had a rookie and raw WR, systemically not a great fit at WR in AnQuan Boldin, not very good pass protection, and a RB friendly offensive coordinator. Don't forget about all the tough defenses we came up against last season either.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Cam Newton has a better pass protection, a better receiving core, and gets to play a bunch of soft defenses in the south. Andy Dalton played under a very conservative game plan last year, had a better receiving core, better pass protection, and zero expectation.

Flacco had a rookie and raw WR, systemically not a great fit at WR in AnQuan Boldin, not very good pass protection, and a RB friendly offensive coordinator. Don't forget about all the tough defenses we came up against last season either.
    You're still comparing a 4th-year QB against two rookies, one of which went up against most of the same competition as Flacco, and both of whom were learning a new system. When you consider the lockout prevented them from having much time to get up to speed with their respective teams, it seems to me that neither of them were as well set up for success as Flacco was--a 4th year QB, returning to the same system, with the same team, a lot of the same players (Boldin, Dickson, Pitta, Rice...).

Which is not to say that I think Flacco was particularly well set up for success--I simply object to JAB1985's assessment that the Ravens were more affected by the lockout than any other team. Who knows what Newton/Dalton might have looked like last year with a full offseason?

Blog Entries

The lockout impacted everyone equally.

It's not like Flacco was coming back to a team with a bunch of familiar faces. Just because he was familiar with the offense doesn't mean that he was familiar with the offense with Q and a bunch of rookies/2nd year guys at receiver. That was pretty evident early on.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.