Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Who was YOUR top players from 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    thats fair, i think Vernon is one the the best imo its 1. Gronk 2. Graham 3. Davis.. Then after that noone is close. The season we saw from Gronk last year you may not ever see again, thats why i have him at 1
    Yeah man I can only dream of Dickson or Pitta getting anywhere near that list :S.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How many of those sacks were because of the OL and how many were because of Blaine Gabbert?
    We'll find out this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Grontkowski is one of the best TE's in the game right now don't get it twisted, I think he's awesome, and he is in a different league to Finley right now, but I just think Vernon Davis is something special as Wicked said, IMO he is currently the best TE in the game.
    Agreed. Gronkowski and Graham are really good but they've got Tom Brady and Drew Brees, two the best QB's in the biz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Agreed. Gronkowski and Graham are really good but they've got Tom Brady and Drew Brees, two the best QB's in the biz.
    That's absolutely part of it, but what where the TE's doing that were there before Gronk and Graham? Nowhere as good as them so while they do have great QB's throwing them the ball, they a lot of credit as well.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    That's absolutely part of it, but what where the TE's doing that were there before Gronk and Graham? Nowhere as good as them so while they do have great QB's throwing them the ball, they a lot of credit as well.
    I am not taking anything away from either of them. I just think what Vernon Davis has been able to do in San Francisco is more impressive given the style of offense he's played in and the QB's he's played with. He's in a run focused offense with a fairly average QB. He doesn't get the chances that Gronk and Graham get playing in pass heavy offenses and Tom Brady/ Drew Brees are a huge asset to any receiver.

Blog Entries

We'll find out this season.
    Maybe, maybe not.

I think Chad Henne beats out Gabbert.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Gronk is a good blocker, but Graham can't block for shit. He's a big receiver more than a TE and the Saints used him as such.

Davis is just as athletically gifted as Graham with just as much speed & hands AND he's one of the best blocking TE's in the game right now.

Blog Entries

Maybe, maybe not.

I think Chad Henne beats out Gabbert.
    You think the Jags are going to throw in the towel on Gabbert? The closest comparison I can think of is Tennesse with Vince Young and Arizona with Matt Leinart, where a team benched a high pick after handing over the keys to them. But even then it took injuries for the teams to pull the trigger. And in both cases their replacements were proven players, Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner.

I think Gabbert would have to not show any signs of improvement for the Jags to go with Henne over him.

Blog Entries

You think the Jags are going to throw in the towel on Gabbert? The closest comparison I can think of is Tennesse with Vince Young and Arizona with Matt Leinart, where a team benched a high pick after handing over the keys to them. But even then it took injuries for the teams to pull the trigger. And in both cases their replacements were proven players, Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner.

I think Gabbert would have to not show any signs of improvement for the Jags to go with Henne over him.
    I think they'll give him every opportunity to succeed, but he'll be on a short leash.

Chad Henne has a better arm and isn't afraid to take a hit.

Fair enough.

I think Vernon Davis is the best TE in the NFL right now. He's a hell of a blocker and is just as good of a receiver as Jimmy Graham and Gronk. I think Vernon could go to New England or New Orleans and put up numbers like Gronkowski and Graham.

I don't have Jermichael Finley on my list because even though he's explosive as a receiver he's really not a good blocker at all and he drops a lot of passes that he shouldn't be dropping.
    I agree with Vernon Davis bc Gron had Brady and Davis had Hill. They are both great Te's but if I was a coach I would take Davis over any TE

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Gronk is a good blocker, but Graham can't block for shit. He's a big receiver more than a TE and the Saints used him as such.

Davis is just as athletically gifted as Graham with just as much speed & hands AND he's one of the best blocking TE's in the game right now.
    I liek that someone brought blocking into the mix...

If Vernon where 5 inches taller like Gronk, then he'd be the best, as well as the biggest matchup problem in football, but he's not. My nod goes to Gronk. Not only is he a stellar blocker, but he is the least cover-able player in all of football.